By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LIST of ALL released exclusive x360 games

Onyxmeth said:
demacII said:
I own a PS3 and a PC. I have played gears of war and Bio shock on my PC. I don't own a xbox 360 so those games can't be exclusive. Otherwise how would I play them without a xbox 360.
House of the Dead 4 will be arriving this year on the 360. I already played it in the arcade however. How is that exclusive? Why wait for the 360 when I can just spend $4000 on a giant bulk of a machine with two plastic guns attached? So I guess Time Crisis 4 isn't an exclusive either. I guess Ghost Squad isn't exclusive either.

Can you own that arcade machine for under $5,000?  There is a difference between buying a single game for $10,000 + and buying a gaming platform on which you purchase individual copies of a game.  Please don't be childish.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
You can't just exclude the PC because "many people prefer to play on consoles." I know many people that prefer to play on a 360 vs. a ps3 because of the controller and XBL, but does that mean we should exclude the ps3 and start listing all ps3/360 multiplats as 360 exclusives? No.

You can't just exclude a platform. It doesn't work that way.

You can exclude a platform. A platform is simply a means to playing the game. When IGN reviews Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for mobile and it gets a 9.5, and then they review Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for Xbox and it gets a 9.5 also, do you really think they're saying that each version is equal, or that each version is equal in comparison to it's different platform? I think it's the latter.

SCP on mobile phones is a COMPLETELY different game from that on Xbox. They can't even be compared. Games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell Convictions, however, are the same on PC and 360, aside from slightly different control schemes and online content, which also differ between the ps3 and 360 versions. The same goes for games like Bioshock, minus the ps3 version.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the PC versions of games like Halo 2 and Gears of War support local co-op? For me, that would certainly be a dealbreaker.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

naznatips said:
Onyxmeth said:
demacII said:
I own a PS3 and a PC. I have played gears of war and Bio shock on my PC. I don't own a xbox 360 so those games can't be exclusive. Otherwise how would I play them without a xbox 360.
House of the Dead 4 will be arriving this year on the 360. I already played it in the arcade however. How is that exclusive? Why wait for the 360 when I can just spend $4000 on a giant bulk of a machine with two plastic guns attached? So I guess Time Crisis 4 isn't an exclusive either. I guess Ghost Squad isn't exclusive either.

Can you own that arcade machine for under $5,000? There is a difference between buying a single game for $10,000 + and buying a gaming platform on which you purchase individual copies of a game. Please don't be childish.

No buddy. You don't seem to understand. I'm exaggerating my point to prove something. An arcade machine is built different and has a certain pricepoint. It is on the high end. But if you we're a millionaire, that wouldn't be much of an issue now would it? 

A PC is built differently and has many price points. you can not lock down a price, but let's say approximately $400 for 2 years worth of current gaming. 

A console is built differently. It has a set price, and all games released for that platform will play on it for the entire lifecycle of that platform.

Each is different and none are comparable. I'm saying that you can't compare PC and consoles, because they are built completely different. The default setup for the PC is the mouse and keyboard. The default setup for the console is the controller(for now). The PC is constantly updateable. The console is not. All games released for a console are playable on that console. All games released for the PC are not. Consoles do not have different settings you can play games on to boost the quality or lower it. You can't mess with the framerates either. On PCs you can. It's too different. I'm not saying which is better. I'm just saying they aren't the same just because Bioshock is on both of them. Because I'm telling you that Tekken 6 will be in the arcades first, and for a few grand, you too don't have to wait for the PS3 to get it either. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:
Onyxmeth said:
demacII said:

Can you own that arcade machine for under $5,000? There is a difference between buying a single game for $10,000 + and buying a gaming platform on which you purchase individual copies of a game. Please don't be childish.

No buddy. You don't seem to understand. I'm exaggerating my point to prove something. An arcade machine is built different and has a certain pricepoint. It is on the high end. But if you we're a millionaire, that wouldn't be much of an issue now would it?

A PC is built differently and has many price points. you can not lock down a price, but let's say approximately $400 for 2 years worth of current gaming.

A console is built differently. It has a set price, and all games released for that platform will play on it for the entire lifecycle of that platform.

Each is different and none are comparable. I'm saying that you can't compare PC and consoles, because they are built completely different. The default setup for the PC is the mouse and keyboard. The default setup for the console is the controller(for now). The PC is constantly updateable. The console is not. All games released for a console are playable on that console. All games released for the PC are not. Consoles do not have different settings you can play games on to boost the quality or lower it. You can't mess with the framerates either. On PCs you can. It's too different. I'm not saying which is better. I'm just saying they aren't the same just because Bioshock is on both of them. Because I'm telling you that Tekken 6 will be in the arcades first, and for a few grand, you too don't have to wait for the PS3 to get it either.

Except the arcade is not a gaming platform in the traditional sense of the term.  It is not a single device on which you can play all arcade games, unlike the PC and consoles.  

Good List dude. I hated Forza 2, I think its garbage compared to GT5...but then again, what racing game isn't garbage compared to GT5?

coolestguyever said:
Good List dude. I hated Forza 2, I think its garbage compared to GT5...but then again, what racing game isn't garbage compared to GT5?

Thanks for this comment of a completely unbiased nature.

I would take any game in the Burnout series over any game in the GT series in a second. 

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

makingmusic476 said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
You can't just exclude the PC because "many people prefer to play on consoles." I know many people that prefer to play on a 360 vs. a ps3 because of the controller and XBL, but does that mean we should exclude the ps3 and start listing all ps3/360 multiplats as 360 exclusives? No.

You can't just exclude a platform. It doesn't work that way.

You can exclude a platform. A platform is simply a means to playing the game. When IGN reviews Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for mobile and it gets a 9.5, and then they review Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for Xbox and it gets a 9.5 also, do you really think they're saying that each version is equal, or that each version is equal in comparison to it's different platform? I think it's the latter.

SCP on mobile phones is a COMPLETELY different game from that on Xbox. They can't even be compared. Games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell Convictions, however, are the same on PC and 360, aside from slightly different control schemes and online content, which also differ between the ps3 and 360 versions. The same goes for games like Bioshock, minus the ps3 version.

You're absolutely right. That wasn't the point though. Here's the point. Resident Evil 4 has the same version on the PS2 and the PC. On IGN, the PC version got a 7.7 and the PS2 version got a 9.5. Want to know why? They look and play the same, that's why. Yep, an identical game on the PC recieved a whole 2.2 points lower than the PS2 version. You see the problem was, it still looked like a PS2 game. But why should that matter, they're comparable platforms? Oh, on the contrary, the reviewer felt that with the extra muscle in the PC, which was playing games in HD quality, the game is not on equal terms with the PS2 version. The graphics we're great for PS2 but not for PC. 

Also the control set-up. The PC game played fine with a gamepad, but unfortunately, a gamepad does not come standard with a PC, it costs extra. It supported keyboard also but it was a shoddy way to play Resident Evil. No good points could be given because the reviewer was forced to base the review off of the standard set-up of controls. It probably would have gone up 1 or 2 points for gameplay alone if the standard set-uop of PCs was a quality gamepad.

Here's the point in a nutshell. PC games are judged as PC games. Console games are judged as console games. They are not judged equally. Some say Bioshock looks better on PCs, so why aren't the PC scores higher than the 360's? It's because a PC is CAPABLE of looking better than the 360. The 360 version was compared to other 360 games when looking for graphics and the PC game was compared to other PC games when looking for graphics. Mouse and keyboard is universally better so why didn't Bioshock score better on PCs? It's because the 360 versions' controls were scored based off of other 360 games and the PC version was scored off of other PC games. The same deal as Resident Evil. It's a different platform. It's scored based off that different platforms' strengths.  If they directly compared both Bioshocks, I guarantee PC would have come out on top by a .1 or .2

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

makingmusic476 said:
Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:
Onyxmeth said:
demacII said:

Except the arcade is not a gaming platform in the traditional sense of the term. It is not a single device on which you can play all arcade games, unlike the PC and consoles.

So define a gaming platform in the traditional sense of the term. I grew up in the arcade era. In my day, arcade WAS THE gaming platform. There was no equal. Going to the arcade WAS THE way to play videogames. And for the right price, it can live in your home.

Oh and just so you know. that big box you play an arcade game on is not the game. Inside is a box about the size of a Wii usually that houses the game. That is why arcade games with identical control setups can swap boxes. If you've ever gone to Gameworks and seen Street Fighter III inside of a Marvel vs. Capcom box, you'll know I speak the truth.