By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some Wii Third Parties have some balls...

Wow, a bad spiderman game..will the surprises never end?

Here are the reviews for the PS3/Xbox360 versions.

Xbox360

PS3 

Barely rating 3 points over the Wii version. The reviewers admit that the effort graffically barely scrapes the bottom of what the 2 consoles can do. So why did you expect for the developer to take time to work on the Wii, when they can just make it, "all about the controls?"A bad game, that was what i expected from the trailers. But a bad game for ALL platforms. Spiderman 3 is an example on what to avoid on all movie-to-game ports. To bad it will sell ok on all systems, prolonging the vicious circle of bad spidey games. I'm impressed though that the web swinging only gave the Wii version ratings comparable to those of the PS3/Xbox360. Shows that with a little more effort, Wii could make a good nest for Spidey.

This pretty much says everything about spiderman games..

Btw, Kwaad, you blame nintendo for letting this on their console, are you this negative too with Sony and the same title being released? Because all i see, is a big ANTI-Nintendo sign on your post. But i understand, Sony had to release this, since they stole Spiderman 3 font for their PS3 logo. //end sarcasm.//

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

On IGN UK it hasnt exactly scored well on any console, Wii:5.7, PS3:6, XBox360:6, PS2:3.5 but on the DS: 8.1 (impressive).

But then again if you go out and buy a movie game before renting it you need your head examined and probably deserve to be ripped off.

As for the screen shots, the ones you have shown are terrible but you have picked the worst ones from IGN and it does specifically say the textures of the buildings happen when a player goes too high, although this is no excuse for a developer, but some of the other screenshots are far more attractive.

The difference between ratings on the PS3/xbox version and Wii is 0.3 so even with their apparent superior power over the Wii it's hardly a must buy....unless it seems you are a DS owner!

With the PS2 rating of 3.5 (bad) guess which console it will sell best on though!

Let's just hope that nobody buys this game. If it gets decent sales, publisher will continue to release crappy games on the wii.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

llewdebkram said:

As for the screen shots, the ones you have shown are terrible but you have picked the worst ones from IGN and it does specifically say the textures of the buildings happen when a player goes too high, although this is no excuse for a developer, some of the other screenshots are more however far attractive.

Actually the good looking pictures you see are promotional pictures that were sent out by either the developer or publisher about a month ago (they're on just about every gaming website, just check on gamespot and you'll see the exact same promotional pictures).  The bad looking pictures that I posted are from the actual released copy of the game or at least the one that was given to the reviewer.  So unless the reviewer was given an early alpha of the game (which I doubt since the publisher probably would have said something by now) I think the pictures I posted in this thread are of the actual released game. 

With that being said I think people shouldn't just be angry at the game but also of the people who released those promotional pictures that look nothing like the final product, and to do it just a month before the game's release they had to have know the pictures were fake.  It would require at least a month to go through final qa testing of the game and for Nintendo to go through it's qa testing of the game.

F*cking Ugly! Why the hell  they must released the game simultineously with the movie?  To get some sales impact? They should take time longer. Goldeneye 007 released more than one year after the movie and still got 5 million sold in NA alone. WTF?

Around the Network

yes but goldeneye 007 was a good game not a crappy movie cash in

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

yer i'm all for gameplay over graphics too. But if the graphics are 1/20 of the capability the wii can do then thats just sad. May as well release it for my ps1 or snes lol. I hope they get flamed hard for this effort and all fired.

God it's really bland!

Could this be the worst game of all time in this generation? 

Good to see this site is still going 

I hope all the console versions flunk sales-wise. No doubt they will still be at the top of the weekly charts, but they shouldn't have any legs... On a side note - the characters themselves look pretty decent - its the city, and the crappy loding technique/engine they have used which bites.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

For reference, here are screenshots from Spiderman II - on the GAMECUBE. Multiply geometry by x3, textures by x5 - and you could imagine how Spidey II would have looked on the Wii. Makes S3 even more of a travesty...

http://au.media.cube.ign.com/media/566/566824/imgs_1.html

(not sure if the images will appear, knowing IGN's odd content serving system...) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099