By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 biggest launch in Canadian gaming history, says Sony

Last Thursday night, Sony Computer Entertainment Canada VP and GM Steve Turvey was in Toronto to officially sell the first PlayStation 4 in Canada. As he told GamesIndustry International, it was just the first of many that night.

"The launch was a huge success by any standard of measurement. It was by far the largest launch in gaming history in Canada, and we were really thrilled by the execution, but mostly the response by PlayStation fans and

"We launched more units than we have ever in any console launch across any platform at any time, and by far the most," Hervey said. "Three times, four times as much as we've done historically, and still demand seems to be unsated."

Outside of a few reserved consoles that had yet to be picked up, Turvey said PS4s were completely sold through in Canada. And while the executive would love to see that demand continue to exceed the supply for a long time to come, Turvey said Sony Canada is working to make sure there are more systems hitting shelves on a weekly basis.

"We have a nice healthy supply of inventory that we'll continue to flow into the marketplace, and we hope that demand continues," Turvey said.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-19-ps4-biggest-launch-in-canadian-gaming-history

Around the Network

We don't talk about Canada... Besides Celine Dion they also gave Justin Bieder to the rest of the world.. that's why they are banned

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ahhh Canada. I love you so. I wish i could migrate there, i'm working on it lol.

OP: Great news all around. The PS4 continues to do wonders for Sony around the world.

Well done Sony!

Ohhhhh Canada.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

And i am one of them :)