By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 SW Launch sales in!CoD Leads

Ninjahound101 said:

1.  Call of Duty: Ghosts - 703,638 
2. Battlefield 4 - 396,187 
4. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - 345,176

This proves casual gamers are willing to update the hardware.

Good news to Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Ninjahound101 said:

Good news to Wii U.

Hahaha no. The CODFIFA crowd are softcore, the occassional gamer. Wii's audience were diehard casuals, soccer moms, grandparents, people who arent into gaming etc, these people are not coming back, they moved to mobiles.

Turkish said:
Pavolink said:
Ninjahound101 said:

Good news to Wii U.

Hahaha no. The CODFIFA crowd are softcore, the occassional gamer. Wii's audience were diehard casuals, soccer moms, grandparents, people who arent into gaming etc, these people are not coming back, they moved to mobiles.

I agree. 90% of the people in my department have a Wii, and 100% of that 90% no nothing of the WiiU because they don't really follow anything gaming related unless it's on mainstream news. One of my coworkers got a Wii as a gift last year and I asked if it was the Wii or the WiiU. She didn't know what the WiiU was, so I told her it was the one with the touch screen built into the controller. She replied, "No, I have the real one then." I didn't even bother to explain anything else because I knew she wouldn't care anyway.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Turkish said:
Pavolink said:
Ninjahound101 said:

Good news to Wii U.

I agree. 90% of the people in my department have a Wii, and 100% of that 90% no nothing of the WiiU because they don't really follow anything gaming related unless it's on mainstream news. One of my coworkers got a Wii as a gift last year and I asked if it was the Wii or the WiiU. She didn't know what the WiiU was, so I told her it was the one with the touch screen built into the controller. She replied, "No, I have the real one then." I didn't even bother to explain anything else because I knew she wouldn't care anyway.

Hahaha love that response lol

ninetailschris said:

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 355,148

Knack - 102,749

Expect killzone lifetime :750,000-550,000 America.

Knack 200,000

Expect a lose for Sony.

A million buyers of ps4 and less than half bought a Sony game.

Wow that is bad!

You stopped taking your medicine or what?

1 or 2 days of software, and only in america and you are already stating doom? Really.. after the console sold out, and so did most of it's software.... you feel that it's bad for sony. Really where does the internet find these people...lol

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
ninetailschris said:

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 355,148

Knack - 102,749

Expect killzone lifetime :750,000-550,000 America.

Knack 200,000

Expect a lose for Sony.

A million buyers of ps4 and less than half bought a Sony game.

Wow that is bad!

Third party games are king on the PS4, and X1. Exclusives can't keep up with them. While on Nintendo consoles, first parties are king. And this game will probably do close to 600k FW with Eu and NA combined. I don't think Sony is upset with that.

First party is what upsets the cost of ps4 loss. Killzone never said was a flop but together with knack will cause a loss for Sony because overall it failed to do it's job. Killzone I feel overall may be a lost because of http://www.examiner.com/article/killzone-shadow-fall-dev-says-next-gen-has-quadrupled-game-development-costs if it true and 

according to my memory of Sony saying killzone 3 underperformed. It seems to follow the pattern of killzone 3 but with a bigger budget.

Third party should be used to boost the power of first party and vise-versa. But in this case it isn't just third party(mostly shooters). Knowing 

how Sony first party is very front-loaded and sales cut by half every week. It seems it will meet killzone 3 by 5% more or less.

Knack has no chance at the current market looking at the current games on the low-end this game like similar platformers on the system 

should drop by 70-60% based on puppeteer and R&C performance being similar games having that performance and review scores.

I know you said nothing about knack but I know for almost a fact Sony Isn't happy with knack. 200,000 in Amercia is me being fair. 

Don't get me wrong hardware performance was great. But software on Sony side is lacking and Sony has to convince these

gamers to buy than just third party or just feeding companies money and not yourself. At the end of the day it's about profit.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Someone is in damage mode

I would like to see Killzone have good legs, the series has a lot of untapped potential.

70% attach rate for CoD: Ghosts? really? I really don't like those numbers, I am worried about future releases of non-FPS games. All the other ones look fine.

Ninjahound101 said:
zumnupy10 said:
I really expected Battlefield to be at least close to COD. The top four were fully expected, right ?

I expected Killzone to beat BF4 and be at around 400k

Take in consideration that the numbers we have for PS4 are only for the first 2 days of the console launch.  Both games are probably over 400K by now.