By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple In The Process Of Acquiring The Company Behind Microsoft’s Kinect

LOOOOOL Microsoft havent innovated since the Altair Basic days and even thats debatable!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Somini said:

By the way this company was also behind the PS Eye!

Lol. PrimeSense founded 2005. PSEye in the market 2003.....

The PSEye, not the EyeToy!

Sort of off topic, but what did MS do with Kinect 2?

darkknightkryta said:

What do you mean? Isn't it incorporated in the Xbone?

Somini said:
drkohler said:
Somini said:

Whatever makes you happy. Google Dr Richard Marks when you have some spare time.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Somini said:
drkohler said:
Somini said:

Whatever makes you happy. Google Dr Richard Marks when you have some spare time.

Keep your comments and replies on topic please and refrain from personal attacks.

Somini said:
darkknightkryta said:

I mean, they did improvements on their own, wouldn't they have infringed on patents maybe?

darkknightkryta said:
Somini said:
darkknightkryta said:

I mean, they did improvements on their own, wouldn't they have infringed on patents maybe?

I'm sure they've looked into that before making the step. However if Apple does become the owner and they find a loophole, they will sue, Apple loves courts!

bubblegamer said:
What does this mean if it went through? Does Microsoft have to pay Apple in the future?

Probably not much if at all.....  you would think that Primesense or whoever Apple is buying would have given MSFT a bit of technical training, product info, and the patents needed to make/sell the product resulting.            

drkohler said:
Somini said:

LOL They can always try. Sony knew. That is all.