By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old Smash Bros 64 Review: Terrible Game That Will Never Succeed

^maybe he was a sony fanboy back then

Around the Network

"The nobody-does-it-better multi player mode is there too, like that’s what it’s really all about. However, there’s no way I’m going to ask three friends over just to see if this is the secret of Smash’s success; I want to keep what few friends I have. I’ll not ask them to endure this pap with me. "

So, to paraphrase: "Yes, multiplayer is the best part of the game and it is the focus, but I'm not even going to try it and I'll base the review as if it wasn't even there."

So..... biased much?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm putting this here purely for archival purposes.

Shaun Conlin is a douche.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I love how this review doesn't talk about the gameplay until halfway through the review.

And of course, completely ignores multiplayer. This was like people who complained that they'd have to buy 4 GBAs to play FF: Crystal Chronicles.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

EP has a lot of horrible reviews and reviewers, Tommy Tellerico (sp?) is probably one of the worst I've ever seen, I hate him as a game reviewer, but highly respect his arranging ability being a music player myself, he should stick to what he's good at, music. This Shaun Conlin guy that reviewed Smash 64 sounds just as bad, reviewers integrity should just be like a news paper, if the news reported a bias report you can't trust them, if a reviewer doesn't do his research he also can't be trusted and actually should be fired for not doing their job, I'm sure there would be lots of people wanting a job where you play games all day.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Chadius said:
I love how this review doesn't talk about the gameplay until halfway through the review.

And of course, completely ignores multiplayer. This was like people who complained that they'd have to buy 4 GBAs to play FF: Crystal Chronicles.

Uh, that is a bit more reasonable of a complaint...

Even if you have 3 other friends with GBAs...you still have to buy the GBA-GC cables for each person. It requires you to buy accessories that aren't standard with the Gamecube...it requires a separate handheld system for each person. Quite different and worth some negative points, mainly because the benefit of using GBAs wasn't that great anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Some more gems:

"Adding insult to wet-spaghetti injury,"
What?

"You don’t KO your opponents, after all, you merely whittle down their hit points then perform what would otherwise be a "fatality" by booting them off the platform."
Wow. You whittle down their hit points.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hehe...I love how he's trying to perform this mystical "fatality" move after so much hitting on his opponent.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

LoL, they are/were retarded.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Just goes to show. Quality != sales.