By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes cracks 100k in North America in only three weeks

Awesome stuff, still gotta buy my copy some time soon when I get paid :).

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

It will easily go on to sell between 500k-600k in it's life time, I think that is very good.

Very good? That's an understatement, I think Suda will have to punch himself for about 3 or 4 times if not more to realize he ain't dreaming. Especially after the disastrous release in Japan. I hope it for him, as well for the WII, so for once folks who're saying that the WII can't handle Mature games... would shut up.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

100k for a GTA knock-off is suddenly good?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
GTA knock off.... it plays nothing like GTA the only coherant arguement is the overworld and even that doesn't hold up too well.. It's as much like GTA as Mario Kart is like Gran Turismo. Completely different feel & experience.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

So in otherwords... you know zero about the game. That would be like calling Halo 3 a rip off of Pacman because they both use menus to get to the gameplay segments. In othewords. The two games aren't even in the same genre.

It has more to do with Dynasty Warriors and Devil may Cry then GTA. 

Thanks for the contribution.

Either way. 100K probably blew out the expectations for this game.

good to see the game getting the sales it deserves

Kasz216 said:
mrstickball said:

So in otherwords... you know zero about the game. That would be like calling Halo 3 a rip off of Pacman because they both use menus to get to the gameplay segments.

Thanks for the contribution.

Either way. 100K probably blew out the expectations for this game.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Riot Of The Blood said:
68soul said:
^^^

The graphic style and the punk attitude really don't have any mass appeal... this game is an adventure game, sort of, yes... but a very "rock'n'roll" one with a kind of "arty" touch, that's why i call it a niche title, and that's why it will never become a million seller (but who knows...)

Exact same thing for some movies or most of the best records out there, btw... but great artists are often used to it, they usually don't care if they're not worldwide famous, as long as they earn enough money to live, and got some love and respect from their fanbase...

The Wii is a monster both hardware and software wise. I think this game WILL be a millon seller. 

This game will be lucky to sell 500k world wide. 1 million is an unreasonable goal. Suda51 games just don't sell that well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

mrstickball said:

Joke post of the day!

You might be giving Rol a run for his money.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"