By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't be too happy about PS4's and maybe Xbox One's sales (as indicator for the future)

agreed.

i'm very happy with the initial numbers but also worried about next year's numbers. there are only so many early adopters that will buy a system at $400 and with few-ish games. fullfilling a lot of that demand day 1 means a bigger drop early 2014 (most likely) and might kill momentum for the ps4/xbone and the entire outlook on the console business.

very happy,.. but very worried too.

Around the Network

Agreed 100%.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

I don't need to prepare because it all just comes naturally to me.

Really? Okay.

Now that it's clear that the PS4 will have mandatory installs for all retail games, it's also clear that the 500GB HDD is a joke for any true gamer, especially when you factor in the free games from PS+ which include downloads of retail games. How do you feel about that and what do you recommend that people should do?

I would recommend people to stop being hoarders and delete what they're done with. If you want to keep it buy a physical copy. Either the HDD or console will eventually fail, you can't keep the bits on the HDD anyway.
Plus play while downloading is the future right?

And yes I'm also talking to myself with 5gb free on my 320gb ps3 slim with super rub a dub still sitting on there...

dont know about you guys but next year i'll be too busy playing the new games to give a shit which console has sold more.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

Really? Okay.

Now that it's clear that the PS4 will have mandatory installs for all retail games, it's also clear that the 500GB HDD is a joke for any true gamer, especially when you factor in the free games from PS+ which include downloads of retail games. How do you feel about that and what do you recommend that people should do?

I'm okay with it since installing takes less than a minute in most cases. I recommend that you uninstall games you're not playing anymore, or do not plan to play soon. Then, next year or in 2015, you can upgrade your HDD to 2TB's or so.

Good, that settles it. Sounds very much like you agree that the Wii U storage situation isn't a big deal, because buying/upgrading to a bigger HDD isn't a problem.

Im sure as time goes along and developers become more familiar with PS4 archicture, there will be less and less in terms of mandatory installs or size, and just as the PS3 and Xbox have shown, future models will have larger storage capacity and im sure both will utilize cloud functions in the future...nothing of that i see for the Wii U.

Around the Network

The last record breaker was Kinect. Before that, it was the Wii. PS4 is casual--confirmed.

Frequency said:
dont know about you guys but next year i'll be too busy playing the new games to give a shit which console has sold more.

Very underrated post.

There is no way to don't be happy about 1 million consoles sold at launch... even more when people said consoles sales are dead.

And don't make mistake... Xbone won't catch PS4 ever.

Guys, I meant those people who already act as if this means that next gen is already a huge success and that there is no doubt that PS4 will sell like PS2 and those who will probably say that Xbox One will easily sell more as 360 after a for the Xbox franchise record launch.

Everyone can be obviously happy about such a huge launch. Thought that it is obvious that the launch sales are awesome and didn't even mention that.Just meant that this isn't automatically an indicator for the future of the next gen.

ethomaz said:
There is no way to don't be happy about 1 million consoles sold at launch... even more when people said consoles sales are dead.

And don't make mistake... Xbone won't catch PS4 ever.

Not sure who you mean with the bolded text.

At least I didn't say anything about PS4 vs. Xbox One sales. I was talking about last vs. this gen comparing PS3 with PS4 and 360 with XB1.