By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii owners, how much could you get for the price of a ps3?

Kasz216 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
I wouldn't save enough to buy a PS3 :P And that's what matters :(

If it's a 600 point price point... you could get a Wii and PS3 for about 560 dollars with use of ebay. (Just saw a 20 gig go for 270 + 30 dollars shipping.

But if were going with the initial cost of $600 I'd assume thats the model we were attempting to buy ;) 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

I got my Wii, brand new unopened, for about $70...so I saved plenty.

And lawl at Username2324. The Wii has a SD card reader and bluetooth capabilities. It's BALLIN!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Username2324 said:
Where's the BD Player? Memory card readers? No blu-tooth? No free movies? Bummer dude, not to mention you've totally missed out on the beauty of High Definition. Any PS3 purchased up til Januray 30, 2008 came with 5 BD movies a $150 value.

Also I don't think its fair to count a gift card as no cost to you, shoot what if I had a $1000 gift card and got the console, movies, and 10 games, should I post that as a total cost of $0? The traded games, you shouldn't even count those since you had to trade in games that you PAID for.

And sales shouldn't be considered a real bonus because similar sales go on all console platforms.

You sir, fail.

I get free movies on my PC game related and otherwise. Wii has Blu tooth, the burden of proof is on the acuser why do I need a BD player? Also those free BD movies would ammount to less as most people wouldn't have purchased them with the PS3 anyway(proven) Add in the fact that almost every PC has a card reader and most people do own a PC.. and theres no need for my GAME system to have one 

I submit that you sir fail. 

kingofwale said:
so... let me get this straight.

you'd choose PS3 at its highest price point, while your Wii selection (game discounts) are picked at its lowest point?

Isn't that like saying... Oh, I bought a TV at Walmart for 1000 bucks reguar price, and I bought a same tv at BestBuy 2 years later for less, so therefore, Bestbuy will always have lower price than Walmart

Makes no sense, if you want to compare prices, do it at the same point of time.

While the facts I've stated about my game purchases are true, the post is meant to be sorta tongue-in-cheek. It's also a lesson that there really are some 3rd party wii games worth checking out and you gotta keep your eyes open for bargins if you don't have all the money in the world to spend. Is it also a slight against sony for releasing a $600 system after I loved the ps2 so very much? Just a little, haha. 

>It's also a lesson that there really are some 3rd party wii games worth checking out and you gotta keep your eyes open for bargin.

well, We have Wii at Futureshop for 280. and they also have Chicken Run, Cruis'n, Soulcalibur Legends, The Golden Compass, Hanna Montana, and top it off with Ninjabread man all in stock at full price.

Oh, if you get a good deal, you probably can get Ninja-bread man 2 pre-order for free.

I think 600 bucks probably justify all those 3rd party games. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Going by the current price for the lowest-priced PS3, my first $400 spent towards my Wii went into the system, Raving Rabbids, LoZ:TP, and SPM. Going by the highest price at the time I got it (high-end PS3 was still $600), I also got myself a second Wiimote and Nunchuk, a Classic Controller, MP3, RE4, and about a half-dozen VC games.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

kingofwale said:
>It's also a lesson that there really are some 3rd party wii games worth checking out and you gotta keep your eyes open for bargin.

well, We have Wii at Futureshop for 280. and they also have Chicken Run, Cruis'n, Soulcalibur Legends, The Golden Compass, Hanna Montana, and top it off with Ninjabread man all in stock at full price.

Oh, if you get a good deal, you probably can get Ninja-bread man 2 pre-order for free.

I think 600 bucks probably justify all those 3rd party games. ;)

jack-ass.... haha.

Explosivo said:

Ah, great video :) I can't wait for Brawl, I'm totally gonna get some heineken and doritos when it comes out!

Lol

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda

Just buy them both and stop bickering children

then eb had a sale over the summer, trade in any 2 used wii games, get one new wii game free....
so, i did a fire sale and picked up trauma center and paper mario = $0

Everything was fine until you typed this part. You paid for two games full price and you only get one back. Theoretically it goes like this:

2*game price paid.

2*games lost (im not even going to count the loss of ownership here, thats ANother 2*game price normally)

1*game gained = -1*game price 

= 50 dollars paid. 

PS: We are all missing the point here, if someone wants to pay 400€ (or more) for their playstation, its their choice. I for one will be really glad when i get mine next week.

PPS: First post; be gentle 

Work in Progress...