By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 million sellers! And other software sales...

There will be over 40 games by the end of 2008. =)

I have a question, why people so hype 1 mln. sellers?
PS2 had over 200, so what?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I really hate a lot of people on this website. I'm proud of Sony and it's PlayStation 3

Join the club. I don't know about hate but dislike, yeah.

coolestguyever said:
Resistance isn't selling as well as CoD4 because its old. Not because CoD4 is better. When PS3 came out everyone bought resistance, but no people just see it as an old game, everyone who wants it already has it.

On Topic: Yes I remember when PS3 was stuck on 2 million sellers, GREAT to see 8 now. I think DMC4 is next, its selling at a high rate, It will quickly catch up to Ratchet, and Guitar Hero 3.

I'd consider buying resistance if they make it a greatest hits title and sold it for $30. I bought my ps3 in late june and didn't feel like paying full price for something like resistance that had already been out for awhile.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

@ Okey

If HS and Ratchet both sold a million ... but still are flops? Elaborate.

I might see your case with Ratchet if it doesn't outsold Deadlocked, but selling 1 million units of a new ip that is 6 hours long with only 10 million consoles out is pretty impressive in my book.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Heavenly Sword
Guitar Hero 3
Burnout Paradise
Devil May Cry 4
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Tekken 6
Soul Caliber 4
Resistance 2
This years Fifa
This years PES
This years Madden

Will all be million sellers by the end of the year. Possibly LittleBigPlanet, and Final Fantasy XIII - if released in Japan this year.

Plus lots of suprises that haven't been announced yet.

I expect the greatest hits range to hit outside of Japan soon. It will include Ratchet, HS, Resistance, MS and others (although many of those wont be there for a while) but that should make sure that HS and Ratchet break the million. I would not be too shocked if CoD or AC broke 3m, or if PES broke 2m, although Uncharted is unlikely unless it is properly bundled.

the next 1m sellers for this year(to be released) will be DW 6 possibly, although it is very unlikely
Hot Shots golf, once again unlikely
MGS 4
GTA IV
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
KZ 2
Haze
GT 5 prologue, including downloads
White Knight Chronicles (probably, if Jap PS3 sales pick up)
FIFA 09
PES 09
Madden 09
CoD 5

EDIT: also Tekken 6

LBP

next Need for Speed