By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon Customer Reviews for PS4 - Trolls or serious issues?

At the end of the day i think PS4 will probaly have a failure rate between 5 - 8 %

Which is not really good but its not terrible either.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
The pool of reviews is small since the people with good PS4 won't bother to post anything. They're busy having fun. With that said, it's still troubling, and I know how it is to have bad hardware at launch (the first Xbox).

That is very, very true.

Lots of those negative review are trolling, i took a few minutes to click on a bunch of 1 star review, all without the Amazon verified purchase tag, and quite a coincidence than most of those are actually the very first review of those users.

While there's obviously people having some real issues with their system i doubt the rating system of Amazon can really shows how spread out it actually is.

Some are obvious trolls and some are legit.

most of it is people getting the wrong bundle, and hdmi pin problem that they don't know how to fix. and ofcoz the trolls.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Amazon stops sales on products which considered faulty

Ivankov said:
Lots of those negative review are trolling, i took a few minutes to click on a bunch of 1 star review, all without the Amazon verified purchase tag, and quite a coincidence than most of those are actually the very first review of those users.

While there's obviously people having some real issues with their system i doubt the rating system of Amazon can really shows how spread out it actually is.

Um yeah a lot of them have Amazon verified purchases with a 1 star review. Just face it the PS4 has hardware issues. 

I think the PS fans are getting into defense mode on Amazon. People are starting to give 5 stars to "balance things out".

Also with reviews like this: Worked for about 20 - 30 minutes. Blue light of death. I was an xbox guy and I switched to ps because I had bad experiences with bricked xboxes. I guess I should have stayed with xbox.

Yeah I think a lot are trolls.

Someone on reddit shared a picture of how his PS4 arrived from Amazon

Looks like he wasn't the only one to get it like this, here's the thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qrawl/this_is_how_my_box_arrived_from_amazon_it_is_no/

That might explain some of the faulty PS4s...

NobleTeam360 said:
Ivankov said:

Um yeah a lot of them have Amazon verified purchases with a 1 star review. Just face it the PS4 has hardware issues. 

I don't really see which part of my post deny the very existence of issues on the system.