By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon Customer Reviews for PS4 - Trolls or serious issues?

betacon said:
DirtyP2002 said:
betacon said:
203 out of how many?

Amazon only sold 470 units, no wonder they had supply issues

493 reviews --> 209 reviews about broken consoles on Day 1.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
betacon said:
DirtyP2002 said:
betacon said:
203 out of how many?

Amazon only sold 470 units, no wonder they had supply issues

How is this so many though? Quite obviously the majority of consumers haven't written a review, most of the people doing review would be pissed off consumers. It be more accurate to say 209 reported broken console from amazon ps4 shippments

DirtyP2002 said:

You also need to consider that there was over 1 million pre-orders.  Not sure how many in america but it is much larger than 493 total.

scroll down, look at who is reviewing.
i say the percentage of verified purchases is smaller on the negative reviews.
there are even reviews from europeans...

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

This is like metacritic users reviews....It's full of fanboys trying to fuck the console/game image...

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:

For the first 3 pages on 1 star reviews, there are 3 unverified purchases, 3/30. 

For the first 3 pages on the 5 star reviews, there are 7 unverified purchases, 7/30.

Ponyless said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

For the first 3 pages on 1 star reviews, there are 3 unverified purchases, 3/30. 

For the first 3 pages on the 5 star reviews, there are 7 unverified purchases, 7/30.

you ordered by most helpful right?

but i have to admit, i haven't counted myself, was just an impression.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:
Ponyless said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

you ordered by mot helpful right?

but i have to admit, i haven't counted myself, was just an impression.

Oh, i ordered by Newest. Anytime a popular new product comes out, the troll reviews plague the first reviews so i tend to do it like that. I think one of the first reviews was someone calling it a piece of shit and telling you to get an Xbox One. Unverified review of course.

TheEspionage said:

I doubt that it is trolls because Amazon requires you to buy the product before rating it. However out of the thousands of people who bought it from Amazon we are only seeing 400 reviews so that is a relatively small number compared to the total bought. Best to wait for more information. Hopefully it is a minimum amount of failures rather than what we may or may not believe.

No, you don't have to purchae a product at Amazon before you can use it, but over half of the bad reviews did purchase it, so 2/3 of the bad reviews, without going through all of them, seems likely to be legit reviews, the others being troll reviews.

No idea how many consoles sold, but over 100 defective consoles?  That's pretty bad.  Now if Amazon has sold 100,000 PS4s and everyone who got a bad console posted, then that's not really bad.  It'd come out to .1% just like Sony said.

This is still my favorite review on there:

PS4 was poorly packaged and DOA as soon as out of the box. Blue light keeps flashing and no response. Sony you really screw it, just like obamacare web site. hate it hate it hate it.

Americans should buy XBOX ONE.

(Unverified obviously)