By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update 2: Pictures / Update: My impressions So Far / Got My PS4

Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:

10x better than the ds3? Nice hyperbole, and you're admitting that the ds3 was flawed? I'm shocked. That's not something I would expect a Sony fan to say, although I'm sure several years ago the same fans would say it was "the best controller ever made" until of course Sony replaced it with something completely different.

I am a fan of games that is all but i prefer playstation more though but i have a open mind. I have every Nintendo console (except for Wii U but that will change next year hopefully) and every nintendo handheld, Xbox original & 360(Xbox One in 2015), Genesis, dreamcast, Saturn, every playstation console & handheld & PC in the far future(practically any gaming device that i could my hands on).  The DS3 is flawed though in a lot of ways.  The analog sticks were too close, the analogs was convex(is that what they are called?) is easily be able to slip off of, the controller is small, and the L2 & R2 are bad.

:) I was just being facetious

I was just stating it was all. I wasn't being defensive even though it may have sounded like that lol I should have put it differently and i don't even know what facetious means lol

haha it's a fancy word for "playful". I was just giving you a typical hater response.

PS: I am extremely jelly

Around the Network

everything seems to be running really slow right now on the ps4... downloading is extremely fast, but everything else seems slow and laggy at the moment... keep getting messages about psn maintenance and all my guys I bought already are digital... waiting for one to install but I see no status bar so I dunno what it is doing right now...

If you are having trouble logging in to the psn then try another method or entry point to login in rather than the default...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

theprof00 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:

10x better than the ds3? Nice hyperbole, and you're admitting that the ds3 was flawed? I'm shocked. That's not something I would expect a Sony fan to say, although I'm sure several years ago the same fans would say it was "the best controller ever made" until of course Sony replaced it with something completely different.

I am a fan of games that is all but i prefer playstation more though but i have a open mind. I have every Nintendo console (except for Wii U but that will change next year hopefully) and every nintendo handheld, Xbox original & 360(Xbox One in 2015), Genesis, dreamcast, Saturn, every playstation console & handheld & PC in the far future(practically any gaming device that i could my hands on).  The DS3 is flawed though in a lot of ways.  The analog sticks were too close, the analogs was convex(is that what they are called?) is easily be able to slip off of, the controller is small, and the L2 & R2 are bad.

I was just stating it was all. I wasn't being defensive even though it may have sounded like that lol I should have put it differently and i don't even know what facetious means lol

haha it's a fancy word for "playful". I was just giving you a typical hater response.

And that means jealous.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
theprof00 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
theprof00 said:

And that means jealous.

I know that lol

congrats!

Around the Network

Congratulations bro! I would like to have the PS4 to but i live in Brazil... so... it is pratically impossible :(

Hawkeyejonjon said:
SvennoJ said:
I got a ps4, the 1.5 update was very fast. It was done before I had put the packaging aside and unpacked a second DS4. However it won't sign into psn atm E-80E80034 and NW-31453-6 (connection lost). My ps3 logs in fine. I'll try again after some Killzone. Still those useless error codes, I guess ps4n is busy atm?

Anyway controller feels great, setup was fast, update was fast, menu is fast, apart from psn all is working fine so far.

What do you think of the PS4 design?

It's smaller then I expected, looks nice but it attracts dust like the ps3 phat. I guess better on the staticky glossy plastic then sucked inside, right. I had to move it since the white light at the top was shining onto my projection screen. I initially placed it on top of the cabinet right underneath the screen, not a good spot. The dualshock controller light is not a problem, it hardly shows on the screen when it's all dark. It does tend to blind you when you want to take a whiff of that new controller smell :p

KZ SF looks great, runs smooth with so many details everywhere it all becomes a bit overwhelming, in a good way. A 92" screen is not a luxury with the font they use for objectives in the top right corner, can't get any smaller letters than that on 1080p. The ps4 video output is luckily the same as ps3, no need to recalibrate the screen. My calibrated ps3 input had the correct black levels and contrast for ps4 right out of the box, none of the washed out issues from you tube videos. It all sounds great too, very nice balanced surround sound.

I'm getting psn is undergoing maintanence messages now, no Resogun for me yet. NFS Rivals looks good too, but too tired to dig into it now.  Tomorrow.

Congrats dude, have fun!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!