By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm going to make a "John Lucas" like prediction for Resident Evil 5...

I am going to predict now that Resident Evil 5 is going to be a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360 and will be released sometime in September/October 2008 in North America and Europe.  I also predict the announcement will be made at E3 2008.  Oh and I also predict that there will be lots of crying fanboys with very bitter tears after the announcement is made.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

I am going to predict now that Resident Evil 5 is going to be a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360 and will be released sometime in September/October 2008 in North America and Europe. I also predict the announcement will be made at E3 2008. Oh and I also predict that there will be lots of crying fanboys with very bitter tears after the announcement is made.

Give me some actual reason why you think this will happen. This just seems like a wild guess, not a prediction. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

It's absolutely CRAZY!!! Will not happen!

http://kotaku.com/355643/resident-evil-5-going-xbox-360-only-capcom-says-no

With the Game Developers Conference just a week away, we're expecting a few megaton bombs to drop, most likely in the form of big shooter announcements and hands-on time with games previously kept away from middling press types. Amid hints from Microsoft that it has one or two reveals still up its corporate sleeve has come chatter that Resident Evil 5 may become an Xbox 360 exclusive. The source? A GameStop listing that shows the title for the 360, but not for its other announced platform, the PlayStation 3. Not much to go on, considering the game has been announced as a multi-platform title months ago, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Curious, we asked Capcom Senior Director of Communications Chris Kramer about the speculation, who responded "Resident Evil 5 is coming for PS3 and 360."

We pointed out that online retailer Amazon has a similar hitch in the listing of the games, with the Xbox 360 version having a release date scheduled for October, but nothing for its PS3 counterpart. "We haven't given either retailer any new information on the game, so it's most likely hiccups in the system," he said "The goal is for both products to ship simultaneously, as [Devil May Cry] 4 just did."

It sounds a bit off the wall to us, but Microsoft has done an admirable job of securing exclusive content from Capcom in the past. Given Devil May Cry 4's impressive PlayStation 3 sales in Japan, it doesn't seem to make much financial sense, especially in light of the company's multi-platform focus. We're not quite ready to believe that Resident Evil 5 is dropping PS3 support, but we're certainly going to keep an eye on it.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Legend11 said:

I am going to predict now that Resident Evil 5 is going to be a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360 and will be released sometime in September/October 2008 in North America and Europe. I also predict the announcement will be made at E3 2008. Oh and I also predict that there will be lots of crying fanboys with very bitter tears after the announcement is made.

Give me some actual reason why you think this will happen. This just seems like a wild guess, not a prediction.

He said a JOHN LUCAS prediction.

Around the Network

I think it only works if you give a sale prediction....otherwise it will be like saying that aliens will attack on this specific day because someone's got a feeling about it.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

i think we should leave these type of threads to the real John Lucas. anybody agree?

Not so JL, he has more style.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I didn't see that existing rumor before I made my prediction :(  Also my prediction is for a timed exclusive and I think that Kotaku article talks about it being a non-timed exclusive.

Due to the failure that was the original post, I'm now interested in what John Lucas predicts about RE5.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"