By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is your expectation for Xbox One?

Tagged games:

How much do you expect from the black beast?

A lot!!! 18 56.25%

Just more than the competition. 3 9.38%

Microsoft will make it rain on the beats! 10 31.25%

Total:31
Goatseye said:

Owned franchises and properties

I want Banjoe-Kazooie, Brute Force (One of my favorite shooters on the XBOX), Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Fuzion Frenzy (please god the first one was so fun), Lost Odyssey, PGR and Perfect Dark on the X1.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
^I wanna see a new Jet Force Genimi, Blue Dragon and Blinx

All great stuff. I had Blinx. It was flawed, but fun. I think they could still build on it. Blue Dragon was awesome ! An underrated RPG. A sequel to Lost Odyssey would be cool too.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

gooch_destroyer said:
^I wanna see a new Jet Force Genimi, Blue Dragon and Blinx

Never got to try Blue Dragon... I wonder if it is good.

Goatseye said:

Owned franchises and properties

?????????????????????????????????????

I NEED THAT GAME!

Will sell more than the Xbox, will be hugely down on the 360.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

Hope they dedicate more time developing games this time around.

Killer Instinct made Rare think about rebooting their franchises, in the words of Phil Spencer.

Oh really? That would be great. An updated Perfect Dark would be good, and while Kameo was okay, they could probably make it shine this gen. I'm most interested in Conker though. I personally preferred Project Gotham to Forza, so I'd welcome that too (I know it's coming).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Many of those listed are Kinect focused and interest me very little. Perhaps they'll develop something that grabs my attention but that hasn't happened yet.

Lift London, Black Tusk Studios, Microsoft Studios Osaka, and a couple of others do have my attention. I want to see what they're working on. I have no expectations, however, until they actually produce something. I'm not going to get hyped when there is literally nothing there but a name.

I am impressed with Microsoft, though. Their lack of first party content made the 360 pretty much uninteresting to me and was my biggest criticism of that console, but they seem to be working hard to make the XO a different story. Depending on what those new studios develop, I might end up with two home consoles for the first time since I had both a PS2 and a DreamCast.

Though most are unaware of it, the backlog of great IP that MS owns or has access too is enormous, not to mention the opportunity for exciting new IP.

At the end of the day it will come down to resourcing. How badly does Microsoft want to make the X1 a huge success from a gaming perspective? If they resource games properly, each individual one could be excellent enough to be profitable. If they resources ENOUGH games properly, they could also lead the X1 to victory.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Goatseye said:
Weedlab said:
I'm looking forward to what MS has in store. I'm hoping they'll have a lot of new games lined up for it. I'd prefer for them to be true exclusives, but we'll see. Either way, if they do well and bring their "A" game it's good for Sony and Nintendo, and good for me. XD

They have enough IPs to keep their internal and external studios for the whole X1 iteration.

Just like the 360 they'll hardly be using any of them.

Weedlab said:
Goatseye said:

Hope they dedicate more time developing games this time around.

Killer Instinct made Rare think about rebooting their franchises, in the words of Phil Spencer.

Oh really? That would be great. An updated Perfect Dark would be good, and while Kameo was okay, they could probably make it shine this gen. I'm most interested in Conker though. I personally preferred Project Gotham to Forza, so I'd welcome that too (I know it's coming).

Rare Ltd.  (3 team studio - Concurrent development of various titles) I hope just one of them is Kinect Rivals and others are reboot of old IPs.