By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Great HW Sales All Around for NA!!!

I honestly don't think MS was trying to trick anyone with the Halo system. I'm sure they expected it too sell gangbusters. Nintendo did a few models like that with N64 and GC with great results. Problem is MS needs to take some serious design lessons from Apple cause the Halo 360 is BUTT UGLY.

Around the Network

The Wii is already a succes. Do you remember Satoru Iwata saying that the wii will be a failure if it didn't sell more units than the gamecube? Well, it seems that would happen this week or next, so from now, it doesn't matter if it don't sell another unit, it's already made what nintendo expected from it....

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Arkk said:
Griffin said:
The Nintendo wii sales this week are nothing great, Nintendo will ship 1.8mil wiis this month, its just a matter of when they will sell. Nintendo wii's are also not selling out in most of Europe and in Japan, so over the next 2months the level of wii's in NA will grow.

I also see the PS3 continues higher sales weekly then the 360, this number will just grow larger as more and more games come out on the PS3. The 360 continues to fail at gaining fans outside of NA.

Okay Mr. Griffin... tell me where the Wii is not sold out in Japan and EU. I can make bold statements like that too if I wanted to. Here, look at this: PS3 is outselling the Wii worldwide on a weekly basis... oops, looks like I am incorrect!

If we look back to the second half of 2007 the wii was only sold out in NA, and most times you could get one if you looked hard enough.  Then came christmas when most stores were sold out or had little supply, now the rush is over and many stores across Japan and EU have wii's in supply.

Once the Easy Peasey Japanesey numbers are up, PS3 will take home the Silver medal again. It will outsell 360 by over 10k taking the PS3 winning streak to...7 Weeks?? It would've been 11, but I guess with the Large adjustments costing PS3 100k units, the 360 actually won 8 weeks ago.

7 weeks is still solid, I'd expect it to keep on truckin!

Griffin said:
The Nintendo wii sales this week are nothing great, Nintendo will ship 1.8mil wiis this month, its just a matter of when they will sell. Nintendo wii's are also not selling out in most of Europe and in Japan, so over the next 2months the level of wii's in NA will grow.

Are you kidding me? Nintendo is going to sell over 400,000 Wiis this week, in February (one of the slowest retail months of the year), with ZERO new releases of any note this week. That's absolutely amazing. Only the DS sells at that rate, and we all know how unbelievable DS sales have been over the past two years. I mean, that's practically holiday-level sales for the other consoles. The Wii is doing that on a completely ordinary sales week in February! How can you possibly say that those sales are "nothing great?"

Fun comparison: the PS3 sold 356k units last year worldwide the week of Black Friday (Nov. 24). Wii sales this week will be at least 50k higher than that...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Yay for good hardware all around. My league predictions were pretty close to everything except Wii!!! >_

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Is there anyone else that thinks that Crazzyman must be a Wii fan in disguise? It really is one of the few personas for him that I can think of that makes any sense at all...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

A big shipment = a big sales in NA.

NGG_RAY said:
Crazzyman, the Wii sales relation to GC is just not logical. First off just from viewing customers and friends there are lots of Wii owners who don't even know what a Gamecube is. When some people buy them, I tell them that they play GC games too and they ask if it plays PS2 games also. The general public that are buying Wii's are mostly clueless to what they do and mostly i hear stories of seeing it on the news or played it at my relative or friends house.

Also are you counting, just GC owners or DS owners as well, if DS owners are counted too then that would push the number up to about 64 million consoles.

The only reason im posting this is because I have seen this arguement in numerous threads now and I just want to point out that the logic is just silly and (slightly) biased.

And you tell them, 'as good as most PS3s now do', right?

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

CrazzyMan said:
It wil be good, if Nintendo finally solved supply problem. =)
Sooner all nintendo fans get Wii, and previous GC owners casual gamers, Sooner we will see sales of only NEW casual/hardcore gamers (non GC owners) and casual non-gamers.

x360 90k? DMC4 did effect?
60k for ps3 also good number.

I don't think it did... we haven't even neared the ceiling. The very fact that one of the biggest games of the year came out for the PS3 and 360 yet Wii STILL managed to sell much more than the combined total of those two consoles in America is testament to that.

You and Hus can argue until you turn blue that Nintendo has only managed to woo senior citizens, soccer moms and classic Nintendo players but you are only fooling yourselves.