By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Great HW Sales All Around for NA!!!

Great sales all around considering this is a slow part of the year. I wound if some of the increase is due to people getting there taxes done early?

Also for all the people who were throwing around the word FAD with Nintendo, I remember another Nintendo FAD, and how it turned out.

http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=1

Around the Network

another great week for Ninty. :D 2008 is going to be an even bigger year.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

CrazzyMan said:
WTF? =)
What trolling?
1) it`s not nintendo thread or site.
2) it`s my point of VIEW.

You can view on SAME things with MANY different points of VIEW.

You see the good sales, which will continue, till Wii reach atleast 100 or 200 mln.
I see good sales, which can decline, after all nintendo fans and GC owners bought Wii.
It`s a matter of view. =)

if cube owners already bought the wii, where is yours????? hmmmm????

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Crazzyman, the Wii sales relation to GC is just not logical. First off just from viewing customers and friends there are lots of Wii owners who don't even know what a Gamecube is. When some people buy them, I tell them that they play GC games too and they ask if it plays PS2 games also. The general public that are buying Wii's are mostly clueless to what they do and mostly i hear stories of seeing it on the news or played it at my relative or friends house.

Also are you counting, just GC owners or DS owners as well, if DS owners are counted too then that would push the number up to about 64 million consoles.

The only reason im posting this is because I have seen this arguement in numerous threads now and I just want to point out that the logic is just silly and (slightly) biased.

wow the wii is a monster

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

wow the wii is a monster

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

TWRoO said:
Cool stuff, Wii was adjusted up as well, because it was at 21.10 million and it increased by 240k (yet sold only 216k)

I knew it!!  I said the Wii numbers for off last week based on Wii Play -sold 75k when Wii only sold 90k:too high a percentage for this title.  So Wii did sell about 126k last week which makes sense. 

I keep telling people that Wii demand is much greater than what we've seen so far, now if Nintendo can just start shipping at least this much every week it'll be great

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ministaff said:

to number 2) wasn't it 44.1 then "other" came out, then it was 44.2, then "america" came out, then it went to 44.4. at this rate the wii should have 50% sometime around july or august.

OH NO! 444! what can that mean?

2/3 Evil!!!!

I actually think the 360 is somewhat supply constrained, but only the Premium model (is that what they're still calling it?). Everywhere I go, I only see Arcades and Halo models. MS doesn't have a problem supplying systems. They're problem is that over the last few months they've been pushing retailers to take on stock of a bullshit system that no one wants, aka the Halo 360.

Now the retailers are stuck with a system that's in greater supply and less popular than the PS3 and they don't want to take on any more 360 stock, even if it is the popular Premium model. This is partly why retailers seem to love the 360; they have so many systems in stock that they have to promote the hell out of the systems. It has always been MS's strategy to flood the market. They did it Christmas 2006 and they were able to trick retail outlets again this past Christmas with that Halo model.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.