By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2013 Discussion Thread (The Final Day!)

Hint for #2:

This PC game was ported to PS2; its sequel to Xbox; its prequel most recently to Wii U.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Clue for my #3 - my hometown's greatest development studio remaster stuff from their 2 PSP games in beautiful 1080p 60fps, becoming one of the few teams to actually manage that achievement on the PS3.

Clue for my #2 - ".........."

Clue for my #1 - you should all know this about me by now. The third.

First!

Spyro: Year of the Dragon .

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Hint for #2:

This PC game was ported to PS2; its sequel to Xbox; its prequel most recently to Wii U.

I want to say... Deus Ex?

S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Hint for #2:

I want to say... Deus Ex?

Deus Ex, it is

Veknoid_Outcast said:
soulfly666 said:

10 - My favorite competitive Multiplayer game this gen and really the quintessential experience for MP on a console based on a PC franchise but scaled down a bit.  Was an entry in a long running franchise that has had subsequent entries that are extrememly buggy and IMO, not even close to as fun.  The most recent entry is under huge scrutiny publicly right now for massive technical failures.  Has one of, maybe the best, DLC packs ever created that is more of a standalone game than an add-on.

9 - What sounds will you make when you hit the ground? Do you think you will hear it before you die?  

8 - My favorite scene is Frog with the Masamune opening the mountain.

10 - Battlefield Bad Company 2

9 - Mass Effect 2

8 - Chrono Trigger

NEW CLUES !!!!:

7 - My favorite NES game ever which spawned a series of approximately 40 games.  The series has entries that are action, platformer, RPG, fighting, among others.  Amazingly, not one movie has been made using the IP.

6 - FPS that was controversial upon release for reasons that became much more apparent when its development hell sequel flopped in more recent history.  Has some of the best enemies and weapons in any FPS ever.  The first level in the singleplayer game is one of the best FPS multiplayer levels ever made, particularly when used for 1v1.

5 - Iconic sequel to my #1 favorite game of all time.  This 2nd entry in the series dopped the episodic setup that the first game used and opted for all the levels to be in just 1 episode.  One of the most pre-release hyped games in history, and by mosts' standards, lived up to that hype.

#7: Castlevania?

#6: Duke Nukem 3D?

#5: Quake II?

7 - right

6 - right

5 - close but wrong.  It is Doom 2

NEW CLUES:

4 - One of the largest technological achievements in coding ever.  Invented mostly all of the multiplayer functionality that is still used in gaming today including the most prolific TCP/IP game networking model.  Responsible for emergence of the machinima artform of films made in game engines.  The best 1v1 game of all time, and widely considered the first game to be played "professionally" due to a famous prize offering.

3 - A miserable little pile of secrets.

2 - My favorite soundtrack, bosses, levels and ending in gaming history.  Just use the hyper beam, and hurry up for the ending.

Around the Network

I'm way behind, so I'll just leave all of these up here to be guessed in their own time. I consider clues 1-7 to be especially difficult.

11: One of the finest games of all time, but it's best known for its mod and its successor.
10: Three alarms and you're out? This isn't a video game.

9: Sometimes radically overhauling your game can work wonders as part of a project to bring it back to life.

8: Showed that this developer still has talent, and does actually listen to fan feedback (about something they screwed up pretty badly first time around)

7: This one is dedicated to all of the androids in nearby space by a popular robotic singer.

6: Turn back time and have your revenge...almost.

5: Citrus and root vegetables

4: I'd tell him to shrug.

3: Heads or heads?

2: He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone

1: You don't need a clue for this one.Or if you do, just raise your weapon in the air...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

soulfly666 said:

NEW CLUES:

4 - One of the largest technological achievements in coding ever.  Invented mostly all of the multiplayer functionality that is still used in gaming today including the most prolific TCP/IP game networking model.  Responsible for emergence of the machinima artform of films made in game engines.  The best 1v1 game of all time, and widely considered the first game to be played "professionally" due to a famous prize offering.

2 - My favorite soundtrack, bosses, levels and ending in gaming history.  Just use the hyper beam, and hurry up for the ending.

4 -DOOM, of course

3 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

2- Pokemon RBY?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
soulfly666 said:

NEW CLUES:

4 -DOOM, of course

3 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

2- Pokemon RBY?

4 - No, close but Doom is #1.

3 - Yes

2 - No

S.Peelman said:
Kresnik said:

Clue for my #1 - you should all know this about me by now. The third.

First!

Spyro: Year of the Dragon .

Good man.

Kantor said:

I'm way behind, so I'll just leave all of these up here to be guessed in their own time. I consider clues 1-7 to be especially difficult.

11: One of the finest games of all time, but it's best known for its mod and its successor.
10: Three alarms and you're out? This isn't a video game.

9: Sometimes radically overhauling your game can work wonders as part of a project to bring it back to life.

8: Showed that this developer still has talent, and does actually listen to fan feedback (about something they screwed up pretty badly first time around)

7: This one is dedicated to all of the androids in nearby space by a popular robotic singer.

6: Turn back time and have your revenge...almost.

5: Citrus and root vegetables

4: I'd tell him to shrug.

3: Heads or heads?

2: He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone

1: You don't need a clue for this one.Or if you do, just raise your weapon in the air...

11. Half Life?

7. Up Your Arsenal

5. I feel like I should know this, my best friend's username for something was root_vegetables but I never asked him what it was from.