By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2013 Discussion Thread (The Final Day!)

Kresnik said:
S.Peelman said:

No way #11 is not Pikmin .

#10 is a Spyro game... right? I'm not really up to speed on the Spyro games, but Wikipedia says it's called Spyro 2. I briefly played the first one (I think) a million years ago but that's it .

Yes and yes :)  

I was looking for "Gateway to Glimmer" but I'll accept Spyro 2 :P

Heh, oh yeah I see the subtitle now... Did a slight edit, a little too late it seems, but I wanted to add that I don't know why I didn't really play the series on PS1, besides those two hours or something I played the first game, because it's genre is right up my alley and I played pretty much everything else during those days that was similar. I probably would've liked it, maybe I should just try to find them second-hand so I can finally play Spyro yet.

Around the Network

#13 - Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)

Never have I spent so much money to play just one game before. Not only did the used copy I bought cost £55, I also had to buy an Xbox 360 to play it on for £120.

...It was worth every penny. Tales of Vesperia is now one of my favourite games of the entire generation, and also what I consider to be the most underrated game of all time. It had a great battle system, unlike anything I had ever played before, one of the best overworlds, a great soundtrack, hilarious characters and a very unique art style.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES/1992) Guessed by S.Peelman

The top 10. Truly prime real estate. Only the best of the best find spots here. My number 10 is A Link to the Past, the first of two Zelda games in my top 10 and the first of three SNES games. A Link to the Past is the quintessential Zelda game. It established the formula, created the common items, enemies, and themes, and built a foundation for future 2D and 3D titles. It's also a masterpiece in its own right, one that combines expert level design, character progression, art direction, sound, and music. Probably my personal favorite game of all time, and one that I can't imagine being without.

The begining of the flood.

More to come.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

brendude13 said:

Never have I spent so much money to play just one game before. Not only did the used copy I bought cost £55, I also had to buy an Xbox 360 to play it on for £120.

...It was worth every penny. Tales of Vesperia is now one of my favourite games of the entire generation, and also what I consider to be the most underrated game of all time. It had a great battle system, unlike anything I had ever played before, one of the best overworlds, a great soundtrack, hilarious characters and a very unique art style.

You bought it randomly, right? You told me you had an itch with this game and you jumped straight and bought it.

Around the Network
Wright said:
brendude13 said:

You bought it randomly, right? You told me you had an itch with this game and you jumped straight and bought it.

Yeah.

My friend offered to sell me his 360 around the same time I was eye-ing the game up on eBay.

brendude13 said:
Wright said:

Yeah.

My friend offered to sell me his 360 around the same time I was eye-ing the game up on eBay.

Your friend sell you cheap consoles and you laugh at me when my friends lend me their consoles? HAH!

So we have entered the Top #10 of the list. Time flies, but these last ten are of course the cream of the crop. These games are immortal to me, and it's unlikely that there will ever be another game that's good enough to enter the Top #10, because beating my #10 is pretty much impossible. Therefore, the last ten games are the same as last year, so to anyone who has a memory that's good enough; it's that easy.

'RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (& expansions)'

for the PC released in 2002.

Unexpected, is it not? 'RollerCoaster Tycoon 2' in the Top #10 of my list. This game before such greats as 'Super Mario Galaxy', 'Call of Duty', 'SoulCalibur' or 'Uncharted 2'. While it might definitely not be perfect, to me this game is one of the best ways to waste one's time. In fact, in the commentary of my #13 game, 'Anno 1602', I mentioned that there's one other game that can shoot for the title of 'most played game'. This is that other contender.

I've played this game since the very beginning. I got it soon after the game's release, because I already liked the first game, and pretty much played it uninterrupted. I have built countless parks during that time, one more ambitious as the other. I still have most of the savegames, even a couple from the very beginning, and it's funny to see how my skill improved. Usually I'm a modest person, as most Dutch people are, but in this case I dare to and am fairly proud to say that there probably aren't a lot of people in the world that can make more beautiful parks (using only the vanilla game, I don't like the mods) than I can.

I know I haven't said much about the game itself, but there isn't much to say except the obvious things. The whole game is about building a theme-park that is successful. The player must attract as much guests to the park as possible and of course make as much money as possible. The player can choose to play the scenario's, or like I do, create a large empty plot of land and basically make a sandbox game, to let your imagination run wild. And that's what keeps making me come back... There's no other game in existence that has me use my imagination as limitlessly as 'RollerCoaster Tycoon 2'!

#09 Hint:

The 'Angry Video Game Nerd', an internet personality, says this game is possessed by Satan. Naturally, he just didn't have anything bad to say about.

Wright said:
brendude13 said:
Wright said:

Yeah.

Your friend sell you cheap consoles and you laugh at me when my friends lend me their consoles? HAH!

At least I don't have to give mine back before Persona 5 releases. HA.

brendude13 said:
Wright said:

At least I don't have to give mine back before Persona 5 releases. HA.

You're mean. I hope Persona 5 never releases out of Japan, just so I can laugh at you >_>