By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 9 Nov 2013

Why didn't Activision release the game for Xbox One?

Around the Network
ElPresidente7 said:
ktay95 said:
ElPresidente7 said:
XBone Cod is not even mentioned ... what does that mean?

that its not released yet

So is the PS4 version or did I miss something?

Most PS4 games are available now in most places as long as the game has shipped to retailers to ease the load on launch day. Same goes with accessories.

Also depends on the country, nothing is available here in Australia yet =(

pezus said:
Ps4 cod>wiiu cod. Hot dang, ps4

Why is this even a surprise?  It doesn't take a genius to figure that a COD title would always sell better on a Sony system than a Nintendo system? It's like Nintendo fans celebrating Just Dance selling better on Nintendo than Sony console?  Kinda pointless really?

oni-link said:
pezus said:

Why is this even a surprise?  It doesn't take a genius to figure that a COD title would always sell better on a Sony system than a Nintendo system? It's like Nintendo fans celebrating Just Dance selling better on Nintendo than Sony console?  Kinda pointless really?

You know part from the fact one console being on the market 11 months compared to a system which starts selling in 2 weeks

betacon said:
oni-link said:
pezus said:

You know part from the fact one console being on the market 11 months compared to a system which starts selling in 2 weeks

um...yeah a console that after launch had nearly 0 new releases for 6-7 months!!!  I take this as both system launching at the same time.

Around the Network
oni-link said:

um...yeah a console that after launch had nearly 0 new releases for 6-7 months!!!  I take this as both system launching at the same time.

Of all the damage control posts I've seen you make, this one is by far the oddest.  You can't tell me you genuinely consider Wii-U only truly launching in 3 weeks time?  Because the PS4 is literally launching in 3 weeks time.

We're also no longer 6-7 months after launch; we're 11.  The Wii-U has been getting new releases since at least the end of August.

Your best point of argument was saying that the PlayStation brand is more synonomyous with the Call of Duty name; or that hype for the system is causing inflating launch numbers; rather than what you went for here.

Kresnik said:
oni-link said:

Of all the damage control posts I've seen you make, this one is by far the oddest.  You can't tell me you genuinely consider Wii-U only truly launching in 3 weeks time?  Because the PS4 is literally launching in 3 weeks time.

We're also no longer 6-7 months after launch; we're 11.  The Wii-U has been getting new releases since at least the end of August.

Your best point of argument was saying that the PlayStation brand is more synonomyous with the Call of Duty name; or that hype for the system is causing inflating launch numbers; rather than what you went for here.

how many significant new releases had the Wii U had after the 3 month launch period?  I could count 3 (if you count Lego City as a major release) from 03/01/13-11/01/13?  That's being optimistic as well.  C'mon you know better that the Wii U had the worst dry spell any console had endured in history of gaming!!!

"Oh my god why do poeple keep buying CoD it's the same shit every year other franchises have no chance people are so dumb"

"Oh yeah CoD sold more on our platform than on yours suck iiittt"

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

COD behind Fifa..damn

oni-link said:

how many significant new releases had the Wii U had after the 3 month launch period?  I could count 3 (if you count Lego City as a major release) from 03/01/13-11/01/13?  That's being optimistic as well.  C'mon you know better that the Wii U had the worst dry spell any console had endured in history of gaming!!!

Thing is, the period directly following launch (i.e. launch window) was horrible - I'm not disagreeing with that.  But we're not in the launch window anymore - we're nearly 12 months past launch.  Since August, there have been plenty of releases.  Exclusives (Pikmin; Zelda; Sonic) and multi-plats (Rayman; Batman; Disney Infinity).  So while I understand your argument that momentum was lost; we're along way past that now.  It's had plenty of opportunity to pick up since then; so I don't see the relevance of raising the drought as an argument anymore.