By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
fatslob-:O said:
JayWood2010 said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Daisuke72 said:

Anyways, will have to wait until I see more of the environments before I choose which one looks best. 

Nope. Im not in Sony's target demographic. So nope. Maybe Im just pissed at them :p

Ill tell you Rime looks like a washed out version of Wind Waker too and that they keep copying everything they can get their hands on.

:>

Go find some screenshots of Killzone if you really wanna see the ugly parts

Rime has way more in common with Ico than it does with Wind Waker.  And i would say it looks like a very good game too.

Why do you comment in threads where you obvioulsy dont like the games?  If you dont like Ryse or Killzone then there is no need on repeating yourself in multiple threads.

He's not in the sony or microsoft camp. He's probably just here to start some flame war and we all know his posting history LOL. 

Im here to drive a stake through the hearts of the poputis. Crytek shall show.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
JoeTheBro said:
Killzone's better resolution and frame rate give it an advantage right out of the gate. It also has great particle effects.

Outside of that though, they are completely different styles. It's like comparing pickles and cucumbers.

Killzone looks more technically impressive by the fact that it's areas and draw distance is alot bigger while also sporting more AIs on screen at a time. This furthers even more by the fact that it has better physics and a higher resolution along with framerate. 

Ryse probably has the best textures and character models and that's what counts most when it comes to better graphics. 

Agree with this.

This is like in 2010 when we did comparisons between god of war 3 And uncharted 2. God of war has a drawback in that it has a static camera.

In this case Ryse seems to be a very cinematic game with small levels/environments with pre defined set pieces. Killzone on the other hand has gone for a much more open/free style comparad to previous iterations....the levels are quite big and you can go wherrver you want whenever you want.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Killzone: Shadow Fall has better lighting, draw distance, tessellation, anti aliasing and resolution.
Ryse has better character models and textures.
Overall however KZ: SF has better graphics than Ryse.

areason said:
Both look great, don't know if it's just me but ryze looks significantly better in cutscenes then when it's being played.

Oh really? It must be you.
This is probably the game that looks as close as you can get between cutscenes and gameplay.

Story Trailer:

Ingame:

Trailer / Cutscenes

Gameplay:

*edit* got this from gaf btw.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Shinobi-san said:
I think ryse looks better...but funnily enough i think killzone is technically better if that makes sense?

yeah,i know exactly what you mean and im in the same boat

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Killzone looks like ass in everything that isnt used as promotional video.

Ryse looks decent all around with nice character models.

I somewhat agree except for the ass part...

vs

SF looks like a polished current gen version of Killzone 3 below

Shinobi-san said:
I think ryse looks better...but funnily enough i think killzone is technically better if that makes sense?

Hence my thread about Nintendo fans (or any fans for that matter) not concerning themselves over specs as games nowadays will look or could look great on current and next gen hardware.  ENJOY THE GAMES AND NOT WORSHIP THE SPECS!!!

Killzone hands down.

bubblegamer said:
Killzone hands down.

You must be a die-hard Sony fan to say otherwise?  Ryse is on another level compared to SF!!!

Killzone, environment, lighting, draw distance, color palette, fps and resolution.
Ryse character models.

Oni not its not. Hell beyond give ryse a run for its money.