By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U IS NOT Doomed.

The WiiU isn't doomed because it's already dead.

Around the Network
Rustynail said:                                                                                                                                                                                                   I think the Wii U is most likely the worst console ever made

I dont know i heard virtual boy was really bad and maybe the dreamcast too?  The wii u is by far the worst console i ever owned. 

I wonder if zero still believe all the things he said

Most likely, nintendo will discontinue the wii u a year after NX is released. It has until march of 2018 to sell 7 million consoles to beat the gamecube in sales if I'm right about nintendo discontinuing the wii u a year after nx launches. The wii u will likely be nintendo's worst selling home console ever and the worst selling home console out of the big 3. If that doesn't count as doomed then you're giving nintendo a huge handicap or setting a very low bar for it.

Frankly, if you're trying to paint the wii u as anything but a failure, you're kidding yourself. It is doomed but nintendo can make a bit of money off of it at the very least.

Pinkie_pie said:
Rustynail said:                                                                                                                                                                                                   I think the Wii U is most likely the worst console ever made

I dont know i heard virtual boy was really bad and maybe the dreamcast too?  The wii u is by far the worst console i ever owned. 

The Dreamcast was amazing and in many ways far ahead of its time (controller with a screen, online and a memory card that also acted as a mobile gaming device). It failed due to Sony releasing a very cheap DVD player, Shenmue not recovering costs and a failed Saturn that also lost Sega tons of money. 

Around the Network
Magnus said:
God I hate when people necropost... hindsight is 20/20...

i'm glad it was bumped. because it reminds people of the truth. i lost count the amount of times someone has tried to re-write history on this site. things like the wii u was never going to do well or the 3ds was never going to lose to the ps4. but when you bumped these threads you realize that a huge portion of people were sure certain things would happen otherwise. 

this particular bump is brutal. a real window into a time gone by. when a lot of people had high hopes for the wii u. 

Kerotan said:
Magnus said:

i'm glad it was bumped. because it reminds people of the truth. i lost count the amount of times someone has tried to re-write history on this site. things like the wii u was never going to do well or the 3ds was never going to lose to the ps4. but when you bumped these threads you realize that a huge portion of people were sure certain things would happen otherwise. 

this particular bump is brutal. a real window into a time gone by. when a lot of people had high hopes for the wii u. 

100% agree.

Kerotan said:
Magnus said:

Damn it. I really need to start checking to see if a thread is new or not before I post. 

Kerotan said:
Magnus said:

This-   very well said-  I remember many people insisting the wii u was going to be just fine once this game or that game hit the system and many other reasons why they were sure of it s future success and the rest of us were wrong for thinking otherwise- 

At the smae time there were a pretty high number of people that did call the Wii u :dead/dying"  pretty early on-      

There is a Wii U sales projection thread somewere on the forums   -  i wish i cold remember the aprox time frame-  i would try to find it- 

I can t teven remember my own prediction but i am pretty sure it was just under 20 million (maybe even a little over 20 million) and it was one of the lowest on the thread

snowdog said:
Well we'll have to wait and see. ;o)

snowdog are you still out there?