By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Does somebody here have experience with sexually transmitted diseases?

Mike_L said:
allblue said:
I have unprotected sex with my gf all the time, if you're in a committed relationship and you both are hygienic with no history of STD there's no need to worry about contracting at all.

Of course if you want to spend the night with a random chick you pick up at a club yes, condom is a must. Or if your new gf/partner has a history of fooling around make sure you go and get both of you tested before engaging in any unprotected sex. HIV is pretty much a game over once you contract it.

That's my biggest fear but isn't the risk very small if you avoid the most busy girls?

umm no, anyone can have HIV without realising it themselves. 80-90% of the people have no idea they have the virus until they start getting the AIDS symptons. In fact, the symptons sometimes take up to 4-5 years to show up, so don't take anybody's word that they are clean unless they have a very recent test result to back up their claims. It just takes one bad decision to put yourself under a death sentence. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network

HIV might not be a death sentence, but when it comes to finding new gals its almost a game over. Unless your a horribly terrible douche and dont tell people.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Seece said:
allblue said:
I have unprotected sex with my gf all the time, if you're in a committed relationship and you both are hygienic with no history of STD there's no need to worry about contracting at all.

Of course if you want to spend the night with a random chick you pick up at a club yes, condom is a must. Or if your new gf/partner has a history of fooling around make sure you go and get both of you tested before engaging in any unprotected sex. HIV is pretty much a game over once you contract it.

No it isn't, and I feel sorry for the people that have it with people like you spreading FUD like that.

OT: As others have said, always use a condom. Even if you're having unsafe sex midway and think "ah no point now" take it out and put one on!

Umm what part of what I've written is a FUD exactly? Do you really think anybody living with AIDS is leading a very normal happy life like any other healthy person? Yes there are a lot of things you can do to prevent HIV from developing into AIDS but those methods aren't 100% guaranteed and even then the effect isn't persistence, how long realistically do you think you can prolong it? That's not even taking into account the cost of treatment and the psychological burden. 

That is given you even realised you contracted HIV before it is too late, most people don't frequent clinic to get HIV tests as often as you think. 

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

DD_Bwest said:
HIV might not be a death sentence, but when it comes to finding new gals its almost a game over. Unless your a horribly terrible douche and dont tell people.

Indeed, and that sucks but you can't blame people that don't want to put themselves at risk like that.

Even those that understand people on suppresents + condoms have a very small chance of contracting it (still too high for me but then I'm a health freak)

Seece said:
allblue said:

No it isn't, and I feel sorry for the people that have it with people like you spreading FUD like that.

OT: As others have said, always use a condom. Even if you're having unsafe sex midway and think "ah no point now" take it out and put one on!

^This

You can't cure HIV but treatment can help you live a normal life. Also, ALWAYS use a condom. Even if you're in a committed relationship with a girl who says she is 100% clean. Keep in mind that most people don't even know they have HIV until the symptoms get really bad, which could take years. 

My high school health class scared the crap out with me when it comes to STDs. I've seen pictures, pictures that will never be erased from my memory. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
allblue said:

As someone whom is HIV positive I can tell you rather patently that isn't true.  If you have health insurance you WILL live a long and healthy life with 1 pill a day.  HIV being a game over is a stereotype from the 80s that has been perpetuated in mainstream culture from far too long.  While there is definitly some social stigma from ignorant people that can make it more difficult to get laid but it's definitely no where near game over.

Not that I would encourage you to contract it in any way shape or capacity just wanted to correct that bit of misinformation.  You should definitely be using protection with anyone if you trust them or not. We can put our trust in the wrong people trust me I know from experience on that one. Anyone who professes to care about you will have no problem getting tested to show you that they are STD free.  Otherwise it's probably a great idea to wrap it up or move on.

allblue said:
Seece said:
allblue said:

Umm what part of what I've written is a FUD exactly? Do you really think anybody living with AIDS is leading a very normal happy life like any other healthy person? Yes there are a lot of things you can do to prevent HIV from developing into AIDS but those methods aren't 100% guaranteed and even than the effect isn't persistence, how long realistically do you think you can prolong it? That's not even taking into account the cost of treatment and the psychological burden. 

All of it, including your last post, disgustingly ignorant post. Yes I know of somebody with HIV who IS leading a happy life with his (female) partner. I've read of cases on the internet too. HIV isn't the only aile in life you know, people learn to get on with it and make the most of it.

90% don't know they have it, go back to school, that's factually wrong. and "death sentance" that's just a stupid term anyway, we're all dying. If caught early enough people with HIV can go on to lead odinary long lives.

OP I suggest if you're really interested go do research on it (I think your odds are very low anyway so I wouldn't worry) but don't listen to this guy he talks rubbish.

nitekrawler1285 said:
allblue said:

As someone whom is HIV positive I can tell you rather patently that isn't true.  If you have health insurance you WILL live a long and healthy life with 1 pill a day.  HIV being a game over is a stereotype from the 80s that has been perpetuated in mainstream culture from far too long.  While there is definitly some social stigma from ignorant people that can make it more difficult to get laid but it's definitely no where near game over.

Not that I would encourage you to contract it in any way shape or capacity just wanted to correct that bit of misinformation.  You should definitely be using protection with anyone if you trust them or not. We can put our trust in the wrong people trust me I know from experience on that one. Anyone who professes to care about you will have no problem getting tested to show you that they are STD free.  Otherwise it's probably a great idea to wrap it up or move on.

Good for you on speaking up :)

Mike_L said:

Does somebody here have experience with sexually transmitted diseases because I’ve considered how severe the consequences of unsafe sex can get?

Don't be that guy, one night of pleasure can lead to one life time of regrets. Beside, you can still have one night of pleasure with proper protection.

When your in a steady relationship and both parties were test then you can ease off. Then you just have to worry about getting your girl pregnant.

nitekrawler1285 said:
allblue said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I did over exaggerate a bit. The message remains though that its just not worth taking the chance even if it is with somebody you feel you can trust. They might not even realise it themselves so its always a good idea to make sure. Actually, it makes sense to make sure.