By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor five wii game is.....casual....as casual as possible.

I think it's going to be interesting ...

So far Nintendo has been dominant on the Wii mainly because they have released most of the good conventional games on the system (Mario Galaxy, Metriod, The Legend of Zelda, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged). Many third party publishers have seen Nintendo's dominance and responded with "The Wii needs more casual games" and when they release a game which is (far) less interesting than a game a dozen other companies have released they complain that "Third Party games don't sell on the Wii!" ...

As more conventional games are released on the Wii and do well, in particular third party games, will publishers and developers who begin Wii development continue to follow into the trap?

Around the Network

Well maybe they are making a hardcore looking but casual friendly game.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

I don't care if the game is casual. Casual games can still be very good. I just hope it's not another minigame collection.

superchunk said:
Could it be that the reason people are buying casual games on Wii over hardcore is because the outnumber them 10:1 and that 85% of the hardcore games out suck and have sub 6/10 ratings?

Where is the people that actually look at the basis for the stats and not just the stats?

Exactly.  The Wii will sell hardcore games if they're good.  That's one conclusion we can draw from looking at the entire library and how it is doing.

It's Pilot Wings.

This is as obvious as can be. It's also not a bad thing in any way.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Developers need to take a page out of Nintendo's playbook, and take the Blue Ocean strategy, and develop first string hardcore titles for the Wii. They'd have little competition and sell like hotcakes.

I'll take a Pilot Wings game over a game like Lair any day. Maybe it's better to experiment with a casual game before pumping resources into a hardcore game.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

I am not surprised that this has happened. Hopefully it sells well so that at least the Shovel Ware people can see that they too can sell on Wii. Not that I think what they make will be SW, I just hope they do some hard work.

They need money after the cash they wasted in Lair. Perhaps a success on Wii will allow them to later be more free and adventurous on the hardware.

I think he hinted that it wasn't Pilot Wings.

I believe it will be Icarus.

Remember, SMG is a casual as possible, and so is Brawl.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This could, sadly, be the Wii's future. I just don't see many 3rd parties taking it seriously as a gamers console, despite the fact that most of the owner seem to be gamers... Maybe they'll see that eventually, and we'll have the Wii's very own Goldeneye!