By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did Vita sell 30k in eu this week?

Kresnik said:
mii-gamer said:

TV commercial -   I cannot find the same commercial on youtube, but it shows a couple of kids playing the vita at the back of the car

Do you mean this?

Saw it a couple of times in the UK but not recently, since it's obviously not summer anymore :P

very similar - just with the stereotypical aussies 

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Invizimals + official price drop (unless Vita+game bundles were officially 169 euros before... but I don't remember it; new price at the end of the ad):

Don't think they've been 169 euros, but since the 10 game mega pack, the UK retail has been £169.99 and I've noticed retailers are now starting to sell the consoles on their own for £129-£139. It's just not been officially pushed or marketed before.

I have noticed that the Batman Adverts show PS3 and Vita and Vita is being shown off on the Champions League sponsorship parts along with PS4.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

jlmurph2 said:
sepulnation1986 said:
orniletter said:
sepulnation1986 said:
i don't care about, WHY and I'm happy the PSVita is doing well ;)

..."well"

"well" compared to the weeks before ;) and then there is PSVita TV coming next week, I think it will really boost the console

How? 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/09/amazon_japan_reports_that_all_ps_vita_tv_pre_orders_are_taken

:)

bubblegamer said:

The more important question is;

Why is this bothering you?

lol, it doesn't bother me it just seems very left field. As someone who owns a Vita and wants it to succeed, I'm very intrigued by what caused that jump. The price  cut (£149-£169) took place more then 2 months ago, so that isn't responsible. 

sepulnation1986 said:
jlmurph2 said:
sepulnation1986 said:
orniletter said:
sepulnation1986 said:
i don't care about, WHY and I'm happy the PSVita is doing well ;)

..."well"

"well" compared to the weeks before ;) and then there is PSVita TV coming next week, I think it will really boost the console

How? 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/09/amazon_japan_reports_that_all_ps_vita_tv_pre_orders_are_taken

:)

No, I mean how will that sell Vitas? Isn't vita tv a completely different thing?

Around the Network

No, Vita TV is basically the Vita as a home console. Plays Vita games either by card or PSN. It just has more media stuff a la what the PS3 has built into it too. It also lets you stream PS4 footage to another TV so you can have the console connected in 2 rooms without having to move the console, which is pretty much the same as doing remote play on the Vita handheld.

I still can't figure out how much demand there is going to be for such a device. I mean about £60.00 is pretty decent even just as an impulse purchase and I figure even if people only want 1 or 2 Vita games, the entry price is so low that it'll make it worth while.

MikeRox said:
No, Vita TV is basically the Vita as a home console. Plays Vita games either by card or PSN. It just has more media stuff a la what the PS3 has built into it too. It also lets you stream PS4 footage to another TV so you can have the console connected in 2 rooms without having to move the console, which is pretty much the same as doing remote play on the Vita handheld.

I still can't figure out how much demand there is going to be for such a device. I mean about £60.00 is pretty decent even just as an impulse purchase and I figure even if people only want 1 or 2 Vita games, the entry price is so low that it'll make it worth while.

You're not understanding what I'm trying to say, How will the Vita TV, sell PS Vita's?? At the most it will just sell Vita games, not the PS Vita itself.

Every PS Vita TV sold IS a Vita hardware sale. Just in a different form factor.

The thinking behind it improving Vita sales in terms of the handheld model is that if the PS Vita TV is successful, the audience will increase buying more software meaning more developers will make Vita games and thus more people will want to buy Vitas... I guess.

jlmurph2 said:
MikeRox said:

You're not understanding what I'm trying to say, How will the Vita TV, sell PS Vita's?? At the most it will just sell Vita games, not the PS Vita itself.

people that have vitas might be interested in continuing the game in the living room after they have played outside, or vice versa. I dont expect too much overlap, but it will add some value to the eco system, which in the long run will sell vitas. 

i mean it in the way as 3DS and 2DS is basically the same product, as it is with PS Vita and PS Vita TV.
if you own a PS Vita TV, you HAVE a PS Vita on your desk :)
and i'm sure VGChartz will make no difference between the hardware.
i see it like an PS3, PS3 Slim and PS3 Super Slim... same hardware, different size / features