By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Need for Speed Rivals: Xbox One/PS4 Graphics Comparison

Tagged games:

JayWood2010 said:

lol youre a funny guy sometimes.  Guess you see what you want to.

No. Framerate is easy to see in one of them... and AA I just compared the threes (everything I use a background object easy to see aliasing).

Edit - I was showing some benchs/example in GAF right now about the lack of AF in PS4/Xbone games when it is almost performance free in moderns GPUs... AF is pretty obvious to see in any game... I think I get used to see these things in game because my articles with GPU benchs in the past.

Around the Network

IGN sucks ass at doing comparison videos. They might not even bother if they're going to do such a shitty job. Literally nothing in that video was like for like.

The first scene they were different times of the day. During the same time of the day and same car in the next scene, the PS4 car camera was zoomed in while the Xbox One was zoomed out. I quit watching. I quit when they were viewing the car in the paint area, but they weren't even on the same paint texture.

kupomogli said:
IGN sucks ass at doing comparison videos. They might not even bother if they're going to do such a shitty job. Literally nothing in that video was like for like.

The first Xbox One video had the car camera zoomed in, the PS4 version had it zoomed out and they were different times of the day. During the same time of the day and same car in the next scene, the PS4 version was zoomed in while the Xbox One was zoomed out. I quit watching. I quit when they were viewing the car in the paint area, but they weren't even on the same paint texture.

and I wondered why my Lens of Truth didn't work...I thought I was going to need this:

This kills me, I have no money to buy a PS4, but I do have to buy a Xbox One, and I like Dead Rising, but I really wish I could have a PS4 instead =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
This kills me, I have no money to buy a PS4, but I do have to buy a Xbox One, and I like Dead Rising, but I really wish I could have a PS4 instead =/

Where do you live?

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

Around the Network

To the extent that I could compare the footage of the two, they looked roughly the same. The car models looked the same, maybe the PS4 had slighty more sparkle effects, but pretty much they looked identical.

A better comparison video might be able to show some differences, but I at this point I doubt that those differences would be big enough to make one version look substantially better than the other.

Rychussnik said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Where do you live?

Brazil

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

cant see nothing in the vid ill wait for a better comparison, on another note where is DF battlefield 4 ps4vsxb1 face off werent they supposed to redo it? i see they got the last gen on there for bf4 but no next gen. where is DF COD ghost comparison for either next gen or last gen?

Play Me

JayWood2010 said:
ethomaz said:

Framerate and AA was my comment

lol youre a funny guy sometimes.  Guess you see what you want to.

I can see it too :/ It's certainly not a difference you would notice unless you had both running side by side, so it's fairly irreverent anyway, but the AA on the Xbone version certainly looks worse. Didn't notice any frame rate drops myself, but i watched for about 30 seconds.

Look identical. Cant tell a difference.

Looks crap compared to Forza 5 though. Forza 5 kills this in visuals.