By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Does anybody know if Sony is going to let us use the GT4 Logitec racing wheel (the one that turns 900°) for GT5??  Has anybody tried this wheel on current PS3 game??

I love this wheel and have been using it for my PC games lately but support for GT5 should be no problem as long as they include the drivers in the game.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

i think its compatible with ps3,it will be stupid if it doesn't

I thought Sony and PolyPhony said that they are working on another wheel with Logitech for GT5?

yeh,but they shouldn't forgot the past wheel,for the one how don't have money to pay the new one exp

That would be very cool!

Around the Network

The Logitech Driving Force Pro (the wheel they made specifically for GT4) works fine in GT5 Prologue, so it should work fine in GT5. The new wheel that they've made specifically for GT5 is called the G25, and comes with a 6-speed+reverse shifter and a clutch pedal. The G25 goes for about $250-300, and the DFP goes for about $100-130.

Does the gt4 wheel work for any existing ps3 games??

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
Does the gt4 wheel work for any existing ps3 games??

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/273&cl=us,en

PLAYSTATION 3 driving games supporting the 900-degree steering and force feedback of the Logitech G25 and Driving Force Pro wheels:

• Gran Turismo™ HD
    by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
  • NASCAR® 08
    by Electronic Arts
  • Ridge Racer 7
    by Namco

PLAYSTATION 3 driving games supporting the force feedback of the Logitech G25, Driving Force Pro, and Driving Force EX wheels:

• DiRT
    by Codemasters
  • Formula One™ Championship Edition
  • Gran Turismo™ HD
  • Need for Speed™: Carbon
    by Electronic Arts
  • Need for Speed™: ProStreet
    by Electronic Arts
  • Ridge Racer 7
    by Namco
  • NASCAR® 08
    by Electronic Arts
  • Stuntman: Ignition
    by THQ
  • Sega Rally Revo™
    by Sega

:)

Also, there have been issues reported when attempting to play GT4 on the PS3 with the DFP.  The problem is that GT4 looks for the first external device when it's searching for a steering wheel.  Since the PS3's controllers are wireless, they show up as an external device.  In order to make GT4 see your wheel on the PS3, you have to turn the console on with the wheel plugged in, and wait for the game to load and calibrate your wheel before you press the "link" button on your SIXAXIS or DS3 controller.

prob. YES:)

Logitech introduces PS3 Driving Force wireless steering wheel

Logitech's put out a couple PS3 driving wheels, but the new Driving Force Wireless is the company's first wireless driving controller for Sony's console. The 2.4GHz wheel features a one-piece design with an expandable lap rest so you don't need to clip it onto a table or desk, and there's the usual wheel-mounted d-pad and buttons. Should be out in August for a cool Benny.