By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF: Wii U GPU 160 ALUs, 8 TMUs and 8 ROPs

fatslob-:O said:
Captain_Tom said:
attaboy said:
is that good or bad?

Terrible.  I don't even think that beats an HD 6450, a $40 card on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102933

It is really not any more than 20% stronger than a PS3 + more RAM.

Do you mean the card or the wiiu being 20% stronger with more ram ? 

Well the Wii U of course lol.  Though that $40 card alone does have twice as much ram as the PS3, and as much video ram as the Wii U has total usable RAM for games lol!

Around the Network
ViktorBKK said:
ethomaz said:

ViktorBKK said:

160 ALUs
8 TMUs
8 ROPs

That's below PS360. It was quite obvious that the Wii U is inferior to PS360 actually. 40/45 nm iterations of both the PS3 & X360 burn twice as much power as the Wii U which is also 40/45 nm. Sure the Wii U gpu might support a couple extra features since it is newer but that's about it.

It is close to twice of the RAW power of PS360.

Different type of ALU but 360's GPU have 40 or 48 ALUs.

You can't get twice the raw performance power at the same process node and consume half the wattage at the same time. Even if you are the god of semiconductor efficiency, this cannot be done.

Let ethomaz figure it out.

Regarding the "downgraded" issue, Shin'en on twitter recently claimed that the devkits actually got faster.....

cannonballZ said:
I wonder if ninja is butt hurt over Ac4 & cod looking better on Wii U. He obviously wouldn't admit it even with proof, just like NFS Most wanted.

He always had hateful comments towards Wii U, but never really explained why.

Won't be able to find out now. The core account's been permabanned too.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

sonic321 said:

your just a nintendo fanboy, go fuckk yourself. the wiiu will be dead by next year selling for 99$.

Wow, classy stuff

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Captain_Tom said:
attaboy said:
is that good or bad?

Well the Wii U of course lol.  Though that $40 card alone does have twice as much ram as the PS3, and as much video ram as the Wii U has total usable RAM for games lol!

PC architecture has always been ineffecient about memory usage. They cannot be compared directly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Captain_Tom said:
Captain_Tom said:
attaboy said:
is that good or bad?

Well actually that 20% faster only held when the wii u was thought to have 320 shaders but now it has half of it so it's around 60% of the ps3s raw floating point performance.

sonic321 said:
Th3PANO said:
sonic321 said:
kopstudent89 said:
How can one person say it's twice as strong as the PS3/360 and another say it's weaker than them. Let's try to agree on it cause it does not us who have no idea what they mean. Thing is it looks better than last gen to me from the potential I've seen, just not that much better tbf

it's basically a 360 with more ram, it's a sorry excuse for a nextgen console, your paying for last gen tech and no real third party support to boot.

Actually I payed for quality Nintendo Titles so pls stfu. You joined for trash talking alone? wtf.

Hey i love nintendo games too but would it kill them to make a console thats at leat 3x more powerful then consoles 7-8 years old, looking at the neogaf thread it seems the console missed a few ports cause of the weak hardware.

Anybody saying that is fucking bullshitting.

Like Really. Its not a fucking Wii

The Whole thing is bulllshit since its not even true

ViktorBKK said:
ethomaz said:

ViktorBKK said:

160 ALUs
8 TMUs
8 ROPs

That's below PS360. It was quite obvious that the Wii U is inferior to PS360 actually. 40/45 nm iterations of both the PS3 & X360 burn twice as much power as the Wii U which is also 40/45 nm. Sure the Wii U gpu might support a couple extra features since it is newer but that's about it.

It is close to twice of the RAW power of PS360.

Different type of ALU but 360's GPU have 40 or 48 ALUs.

You can't get twice the raw performance power at the same process node and consume half the wattage at the same time. Even if you are the god of semiconductor efficiency, this cannot be done.

Console's been doing pretty much exactly that. If you see a hit to the framerate in any console ports its due to madatory vsync

cannonballZ said:
I wonder if ninja is butt hurt over Ac4 & cod looking better on Wii U. He obviously wouldn't admit it even with proof, just like NFS Most wanted.

He always had hateful comments towards Wii U, but never really explained why.

I think he is screaming in agony because Deus Ex: HR DC performs better on the WiiU than on the HD-twins.

Guess what, the twins received rushed, sloppy ports by a no name studio....sounds familiar, doesn´t it ?