By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF: Wii U GPU 160 ALUs, 8 TMUs and 8 ROPs

This tech stuff means nothing to me. Do the wii u games look better than PS360? Yes or No? That's what matters.

PS360 has reached their graphical peak after eight years and wii u is in it's infant stage. Games on the wii u have a long way to go. Compare COD:WAW (the first wii COD game) and the last wii COD game. There is a huge difference.

Can the wii u match the next gen in graphics? NO, NEVER.

How big is the graphical gap?? That's open to your own opinion.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

lol raw power means nothing when comparing to last gen.

Even look at the CPUs form last gen they were faster (clock speed wise) than WiiU/PS4/ONE yet their CPUs are much better and more efficient.

Saying all that, obviously the Wii U is not in the same league as a ONE or PS4 and is closer to last gen.

lol  a 176 gflops is not gonna be able to make games look significantly better then a 240 gflops gpu, especially when they are made from the same company, then you have some developers saying it's very close to current gen interms of power, along with most ports looking worst then 360/ps3 games.

Where is my friend ninja, I need him to explain. O.T. So it is just as weak as everyone expected in the begging?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

sonic321 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Even look at the CPUs form last gen they were faster (clock speed wise) than WiiU/PS4/ONE yet their CPUs are much better and more efficient.

Saying all that, obviously the Wii U is not in the same league as a ONE or PS4 and is closer to last gen.

lol  a 176 gflops is not gonna be able to make games look significantly better then a 240 gflops gpu, especially when they are made from the same company, then you have some developers saying it's very close to current gen interms of power, along with most ports looking worst then 360/ps3 games.

well yer I never said it will be much better, but people automaticlaly see 176 vx 240 and go it is much worst, when it fact it will be at least on par or slightly better.

Which is expected anyway considering what the Wii was. 

Wii U has enough flops to be powerful.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
sonic321 said:
kopstudent89 said:
How can one person say it's twice as strong as the PS3/360 and another say it's weaker than them. Let's try to agree on it cause it does not us who have no idea what they mean. Thing is it looks better than last gen to me from the potential I've seen, just not that much better tbf

it's basically a 360 with more ram, it's a sorry excuse for a nextgen console, your paying for last gen tech and no real third party support to boot.

And your paying 400$ for  a shitty X86 console where the real price comes from the shit they throw in the box.

A 600$ pc is heads and bounds better than those pitiful excuse for next gen console.'

The WiiU can do this gen games running on a single core with V-sync. Y'all really dont understand the console is about maximizing efficiency, its way more balanced than the Xbox One.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post (and many others)

Cobretti2 said:
sonic321 said:
Cobretti2 said:

well yer I never said it will be much better, but people automaticlaly see 176 vx 240 and go it is much worst, when it fact it will be at least on par or slightly better.

it could look slightly better  cause of the extra ram but who is gonna push the hardware like naughty dog, Santa Monica or 343 Industries, those games require huge budgets, and i don't think nintendo cares about pushing graphics that much.

sonic321 said:
kopstudent89 said:
How can one person say it's twice as strong as the PS3/360 and another say it's weaker than them. Let's try to agree on it cause it does not us who have no idea what they mean. Thing is it looks better than last gen to me from the potential I've seen, just not that much better tbf

it's basically a 360 with more ram, it's a sorry excuse for a nextgen console, your paying for last gen tech and no real third party support to boot.

Actually I payed for quality Nintendo Titles so pls stfu. You joined for trash talking alone? wtf.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

sonic321 said:
Cobretti2 said:
sonic321 said:
Cobretti2 said:

it could look slightly better  cause of the extra ram but who is gonna push the hardware like naughty dog, Santa Monica or 343 Industries, those games require huge budgets, and i don't think nintendo cares about pushing graphics that much.

well considering a lot of gamecube games looked better than Wii games I have no doubt no one will push the hardware. Perhpas 2-3 games will make us go WOW this look snice, but what can you do? you jsut gotta enjoy the games you get. If there is a better alternative of the same game by all means get it there. But exclusives is what will sell on Wii U more so than poor efforts of ports.

Mind you ACIV and COD Ghosts seem like decent efforts so far so not all is doom yet lol. 

and then.......

I just care about the games. The visuals of games like SM3DW, X, SMK8, CoD:Ghosts and Bayonetta 2 are good enough.

If people care so much about specs, then they should just quit console gaming and go for PC. No console can beat PC in processing power