By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF: Wii U GPU 160 ALUs, 8 TMUs and 8 ROPs

ethomaz said:

Anfebious said:

Weaker than PS3 and 360 or weaker than PS4 and Xbox One?

PS4/Xbone

It is stronger than PS360.

Oh ok then! I thought this was proving that the Wii U was weaker than the PS360 xD. Still not that it matters :O

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

I look forward to seeing how drastic or miniscule the results end up being for each console this gen, put's a face to the endless spec debates.

Anfebious said:

Oh ok then! I thought this was proving that the Wii U was weaker than the PS360 xD. Still not that it matters :O

They uses differents ALUs (PS4, WiiU and Xbone uses the same) but 360's GPU have 48 ALUs if I'm not wrong.

Hahahaha, very funny. By that reason, games like AC4 or Batman looks better on Wii U. MK8 runs at 1080p and 60 frames, bayonetta 2 too, 3D World use effects never seeing on last gen and games like Project CARS use technology only possible on Dx11 or Open GL 4.2 like deferred context. Very funny, the creator of the Neogaf post is stupid.

ethomaz said:

Anfebious said:

PS4/Xbone

160 ALUs
8 TMUs
8 ROPs

That's below PS360. It was quite obvious that the Wii U is inferior to PS360 actually. 40/45 nm iterations of both the PS3 & X360 burn twice as much power as the Wii U which is also 40/45 nm. Sure the Wii U gpu might support a couple extra features since it is newer but that's about it.

Around the Network

ViktorBKK said:

160 ALUs
8 TMUs
8 ROPs

That's below PS360. It was quite obvious that the Wii U is inferior to PS360 actually. 40/45 nm iterations of both the PS3 & X360 burn twice as much power as the Wii U which is also 40/45 nm. Sure the Wii U gpu might support a couple extra features since it is newer but that's about it.

It is close to twice of the RAW power of PS360.

Different type of ALU but 360's GPU have 40 or 48 ALUs.

ViktorBKK said:
ethomaz said:

Anfebious said:

PS4/Xbone

160 ALUs
8 TMUs
8 ROPs

Yes, it is below the PS360 in terms of power consumption.  That's a good thing.

It does explain some of the major third-party ports being cancelled... Metro Last Light for example. Remember all the quotes throughout 2012 about the Wii U's unexpectedly slow CPU? I think even the Tekken Tag 2 team complained about it at one point.

But, specs don't matter. All that matters is game play, and whether or not you're having fun. That's what forum goers and the vocal online gamers forget about all too often.

Wii U's low horsepower for an eighth-generation console doesn't have a negative impact on it's sales potential to the mass market. 95% of the possible customer base doesn't know or care, and they never will.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Shit the WiiU is pulling last gen stuff with far less resources, I still dont understand how these fools can still peddle their shit.

ethomaz said:
Suke said:
+ 160 ALUs
+ 8 TMUs
+ 8 ROPs

What does these stand for?

It is a Radeon HD 7450 or HD 7470 with 8 ROPs (the HD 7400 have 4 ROPs).

7450-7470? I remember first rumors about a 4850. Is this good or bad?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile