By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - what's up with all the Ryse threads?!

Tagged games:

OdinHades said:
Some people just need to justify their purchase of a console or something, that's why they praise the fuck out of exclusive titles even before they played them. Now everything points to Ryse being mediocre at best but some people just can't accept that.

But they all will see that launch titles in general suck. There are just very few exceptions from this rule like Super Mario 64. In this Gen, I think Killzone is the exception, it's the only game that doesn't look completely boring or is already available in Gen 7. But other than that, both launches aren't special and I bet most if not all launch titles will be completel forgotten the same time next year.

Console launches suck, really. Only buy a console at launch if you have enough money and if you are ready to be a beta tester. If you just want to play good games, stick with Gen 7 for a while. Wait for better games, better firmares, maybe better hardware and the first price cut. I think 2 years later is about the sweet spot to get into Next-Gen for most people.

you are 100% right. I am generally a launch adopter and I know exactly the pains of having spent tons of money on a brand new conosle and not playing it long after release because the games are not there yet. But I still got the Wii U at launch and have the PS4 pre ordered for some reason. Guess I will never learn.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Around the Network

People are allowed to be excited for the game, and visa versa. If someone want to post a thread about how awesome or bad the game looks, they can. What shouldn't be made into a thread is telling those that they are wrong for having an opinion. I know this is a crazy concept, but you can just ignore the threads you don't like. I do it all the time.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

It feels like people are trying to convince others that the game is good and if they say it enough times people will start to believe them, I think I saw at least half a dozen Ryse threads.

On the flip side, people like you think that if they say the game is bad enough times people will start to believe them.

Lol when have I ever made a negative Ryse thread?  Don't try to group me up with other people.

My point still stands whether it's in regards specifically to you in this particular case or not. There's a large group of Sony fans on this site that go out of their way to downplay anything Xbox related, and you're one of them. Anyone who thinks Ryse is going to be shit, and has no interest in every playing it doesn't need to be trying to ruin the hype for those of us that are genuinly looking forward to it.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

It feels like people are trying to convince others that the game is good and if they say it enough times people will start to believe them, I think I saw at least half a dozen Ryse threads.

On the flip side, people like you think that if they say the game is bad enough times people will start to believe them.

Lol when have I ever made a negative Ryse thread?  Don't try to group me up with other people.

He is not sqying you creqte threads, you shouldn't put words in his mouth

Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

My point still stands whether it's in regards specifically to you in this particular case or not. There's a large group of Sony fans on this site that go out of their way to downplay anything Xbox related, and you're one of them. Anyone who thinks Ryse is going to be shit, and has no interest in every playing it doesn't need to be trying to ruin the hype for those of us that are genuinly looking forward to it.

What a ridiculous claim to make, calling me a Sony fan that downplays anything related to Xbox without having and proof to back it up.  I have a 360 and PS3 and I have more games for my 360, I am one of the few people that had the Oringinal Xbox and have over 30 games for it.  You can sit on forums and call yourself a Microsoft fan while I actually go out and buy their games.  No one should take anything you say serisouly if your just gonna throw out ridiculous claims with no proof.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What a ridiculous claim to make, calling me a Sony fan that downplays anything related to Xbox without having and proof to back it up.  I have a 360 and PS3 and I have more games for my 360, I am one of the few people that had the Oringinal Xbox and have over 30 games for it.  You can sit on forums and call yourself a Microsoft fan while I actually go out and buy their games.  No one should take anything you say serisouly if your just gonna throw out ridiculous claims with no proof.

fighter said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lulz said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

He is not sqying you creqte threads, you shouldn't put words in his mouth

Maybe he shouldn't acuse me of being something I clearly am not without even offering and proof .

We're nearing launch and more and more media is coming out about the game so there will be more threads. It's not rocket science. Protip: you don't have to click them.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Nope

Ryse is the Knack of the Xbox.

But people think Cerny will turn Knack into a sleeper hit

Yeah lets not get carried away.

Lococycle is the Knack of Xbox. Looks like shit.

It upset you maybe because it's also only for Xbox One? Any game deserve some hype, get over it!