By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the site is seriously undertracking PSP games in Others !!!

ioi does his best and thats all we can hope for. The PS2 has sold over 1.3billion games since launch and only a fraction of those games are counted on this site. The same for all the systems, ioi could have 200 PS2 games in the weekly charts and not even get all the game sales. Its just to hard to track games, look what happened for CoD4 on the 360 in December, he had sales of 500k or something and the game sold 1.5mil. And thats a major game, the smaller titles are even harder to track.

Killzone1 on this site is tracked at .75mil sold, well it has sold over 2.4million. Its the same across all the systems.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Without any factual data to back up your beliefs, you are left with nothing except a fantasy.

You want proof that the psp software attachment should be higher?

ioi said:
Only sales for the top ~100 games in others is available at the moment. Totals do NOT represent total sales for any of the formats, just total sales of games in the top ~100. Others data is still very much work in progress at this stage, many older titles which are still selling well are not present, same is true for all of the charts. You have to take all software totals as a minimum. Hopefully one day we will be in a situation where every single game is present on every chart for every region but that is unrealistic in the near future.

I'll make a special effort to add the next ~100 or so games next week to others so we will have a large amount more DS / PSP / PS2 titles on the lists, but this will be a gradual thing.

ioi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
FishyJoe said:
Without any factual data to back up your beliefs, you are left with nothing except a fantasy.

You want proof that the psp software attachment should be higher(not marketshare)?

ioi said:
Only sales for the top ~100 games in others is available at the moment. Totals do NOT represent total sales for any of the formats, just total sales of games in the top ~100. Others data is still very much work in progress at this stage, many older titles which are still selling well are not present, same is true for all of the charts. You have to take all software totals as a minimum. Hopefully one day we will be in a situation where every single game is present on every chart for every region but that is unrealistic in the near future.

I'll make a special effort to add the next ~100 or so games next week to others so we will have a large amount more DS / PSP / PS2 titles on the lists, but this will be a gradual thing.

ioi

Except that's not what the original claim. When someone claims proof for 'seriously undertracking', I expect real proof, not just a bunch of loose assumptions base on incomplete data.

hunter_alien said:
bigjon said:
Only you just prove Hunter Alien is that the PSP only has 4 games in the top 100. Just because it is not as low as VGC numbers has it at does not take away the fact that PSP software is terrible WW.

OK , bealive what you want , but I note 2 things :

1. Game sales in Others is usually much higher than in the US ( except MADDEN all games are selling batter : Tomb Raider , Pursuit Force , Need for Speed , PES , GTA , Sonic , The Golden Compass , Smackdown etc. ) .

2. The PSP has many "stalkers" in the US and even Japan ( games that are selling from 1-5k ) . Games like Tekken , GTA , Final Fantasy , Mortal Kombat , Hot Shot Golf , Need for Speed etc.

Dont bealive me ? Fine , I really cant make you , and I really dont care ...

I don't have the top for each consoles in France, in Spain, in Italy (exept for one week, the week 4:

1. Need for Speed Carbon Platinum
2. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
3. Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2
4. FIFA 08
5. Grand Thef Auto: Vice City StoriesTekken Dark Resurrection
6. Need for Speed Most Wanted Platinum
7. The Simpsons
8. Tekken Dark Resurrection
9. Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Platinum
10. MotoGP )

For germany, it exist, but i never made a copy, so i don't have. The last, it exist is here (week 5) :

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/verkaufscharts/PSP/media_control.html

If you see, you can observe, that they are a lot of platinum games, and don't forget that in uk, i post the full price top, and so, they don't take in account the budget games.

In UK, only wipeout was in the top 20 (at the end), no poursuit force.

For need for speed and pes, the last version are not released for the moment.

So yes, some psp games must certainly appears in the charts of ioi, but they are not big weekly sellers that we ignore.

A good information is to see the elspa awards in UK:

http://www.elspa.com/?l=saleaward

If you see, they are a lot of ds games, and some psp games, but not the same numbers at all if you see the games release in 2008.

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=415675

NEXT GENERATION Portatili (DS, PSP)
+ di 1.200.000 unità

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Ds)

DS: 1
PSP: 0

600.000 unità fino a 1.199.999 unità
New Super Mario Bros. (Ds)
More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Ds) [760.225]

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (Psp)

DS: 2
PSP: 1

300.000 unità fino a 599.000 unità
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends (Ds)
Big Brain Academy (Ds)
Zoo Tycoon Ds (Ds)
The Sims 2: Pets (Ds)
Cooking Mama (Ds)
Bratz: Forever Diamondz (Ds)
Super Mario 64 Ds (Ds)
Nintendogs: Lab & Friends (Ds)
Mario Kart Ds (Ds)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Ds)
Sonic Rush (Ds)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Psp)
Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Psp)

DS: 11
PSP: 2

200.000 unità fino a 299.000 unità
The Sims 2 (Ds)
Pokemon Diamond (Ds)
42 All-Time Classics (Ds)
Cars (Ds)
Madagascar (Ds)
The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Ds)

World Tour Soccer (Psp)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Psp)
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (Psp)
Fifa 06 (Psp)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Psp)
Need For Speed: Carbon (Psp)
Fifa 07 (Psp)

DS: 6
PSP: 7

100.000 unità fino a 199.000 unità
The Sims 2: Castaway (Ds)
Ratatouille (Ds)
The Simpsons Game (Ds)
Pawly Pets: My Vet Practice (Ds)
Pawly Pets: My Pet Hotel (Ds)
High School Musical: Making The Cut! (Ds)
The Incredibles: Rise Of The Underminer (Ds)
Dogz 2006 (Ds)
Sight Training (Ds)
Deal Or No Deal (Ds)
Mysims (Ds)
Hasbro Compilation (Ds)
Pokemon Ranger (Ds)
Catz 2006 (Ds)
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest (Ds)
Scooby Doo: Unmasked (Ds)
Tetris Ds (Ds)
Yoshi's Island Ds (Ds)
Worms: Open Warfare (Ds)
Over The Hedge (Ds)
Pokemon Pearl (Ds)
Pippa Funnell Ds (Ds)
Lego Star Wars Ii: The Original Trilogy (Ds)
Happy Feet (Ds)
Rayman Ds (Ds)
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (Ds)
Spyro: Shadow Legacy (Ds)
Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe (Ds)
Nintendogs: Dachshund & Friends (Ds)
Nintendogs: Chihuaua & Friends (Ds)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue (Ds)
Star Wars Ep III: Revengeof The Sith (Ds)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Ds)
Pony Friends (Ds)
Scooby-Doo! Who's Watching Who? (Ds)
Crash Boom Bang! (Ds)

Lemmings (Psp)
Daxter (Psp)
Fifa 08 (Psp)
Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 (Psp)
Medal Of Honor: Heroes (Psp)
Gangs Of London (Psp)
Sega Mega Drive Collection (Psp)
Worms: Open Warfare (Psp)
Tekken: Dark Resurrection (Psp)
The Sims 2 (Psp)
Tomb Raider: Legend (Psp)
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest (Psp)
Crash Tag Team Racing (Psp)
Burnout Legends (Psp)
Ridge Racer (Psp)
Pursuit Force (Psp)
Virtua Tennis: World Tour (Psp)
Everybody's Golf (Psp)
Star Wars: Battlefront Ii (Psp)
Lumines (Psp)
Fifa Street 2 (Psp)
Cars (Psp)
King Kong: Official Game Of The Movie (Psp)
Lego Star Wars Ii: The Original Trilogy (Psp)
Sonic Rivals (Psp)
Wwe Smackdown! Vs Raw 2006 (Psp)
Wipeout Pure (Psp)
The Simpsons Game (Psp)

DS: 36
PSP: 28

TOTALE GIOCHI
DS: 56
PSP: 38

FishyJoe said:
iclim4 said:
FishyJoe said:

You want proof that the psp software attachment should be higher(not marketshare)?

ioi said:

ioi

Except that's not what the original claim. When someone claims proof for 'seriously undertracking', I expect real proof, not just a bunch of loose assumptions base on incomplete data.

So are you implying that only 100 games sell on others across all platforms everyweek?
ioi- the provider of the data- said that they only track 100 or so games in others.
Its pretty much common sense to be able to figure out that the games above the top 100 are still selling.
so those games would be considered "severely undertracked" since this site would record those sales as a 0 for that week. What if the 100th game sold 5k units while the 101th game sold 4.5k? the 4.5k game would come out as a 0 in VGC's data, wouldnt you consider that severely undertracked? what if that happens for several weeks?
all you have to do is connect the dots, the proof is right in this site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Thats strange. The case of the missing PSP sales!

ioi said:
To be fair, PSP is probably most cruelly represented with the current system, only 4 games from ~500 are counted (granted most of them are selling 1-2k per week).

Personally, I'd take all the current software totals, times them by something like 1.5 then add a couple of hundred thousand and you should be getting close. The "others" market is about as large as America so totals should be similar for the two.

This is the reason why I don't keep running totals of total software sold, the figures would be misleading until we have more data in the database.

Thank you for clearing it up ioi.

and also thanks for providing a crude way for us to figure out total software sales

@ Bod

PSP is the example because it has the least amount of games tracked between all platforms.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Why wouldnt they track godo games, im sure that LCS is getting more sales than that and it like 2 years old.

Yeah, 15K would be a ridiculously low amount I'm sure they are somewhat under tracked.