By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It is official, Xbox 360 has outsold PS3 worldwide

enditall727 said:
toadslayer72 said:
I can feeeel the Pachter chuckle right now.

This is about being correct to date. PS3 does have the momentum and will surpass the 360, just not yet. Unless of course MS does the illest price cut in history. Uh-oh there goes the mirage that is the impending 360 price cut again, shame on me.

360 already got a price cut this year..

Oh damn, shows how much I've been paying attention. So what's it going for now across the board? While we're at it how bout the PS3's price these days?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Lol, how many.people were talking about the ps3 passing the Wii? With the new Wii mini about to release, it sounds like a pipedream.

whose going to buy a discontinued console that cant go online?

ps3 will still be selling 3 years from now and like ive said in other threads, the race isnt over just because some consoles didnt have the legs. If anything that automatically makes ps3 the winner.

Omg 360 reached 80 million 2 weeks earlier! Watch it get outsold this holiday with GT6.

toadslayer72 said:
enditall727 said:
toadslayer72 said:
I can feeeel the Pachter chuckle right now.

This is about being correct to date. PS3 does have the momentum and will surpass the 360, just not yet. Unless of course MS does the illest price cut in history. Uh-oh there goes the mirage that is the impending 360 price cut again, shame on me.

360 already got a price cut this year..

Oh damn, shows how much I've been paying attention. So what's it going for now across the board? While we're at it how bout the PS3's price these days?

well ps3 got the new 12gb ps3 released this year which retailed for $199. The PS3 finally matched the 360 price for a bit but MS drop their price from $199 to $179 but i'm not too sure exactly when it happened. MS were very quite about it atleast to my knowledge

Wow, both excellent prices.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
What does "sell-in" mean, sold to retailers?

Anyway, meh, they're basically the same

Yeah, it means sold to retailers. If PS3 and x360 are the same, then PS2 sales must be a few million higher than we anticipated, as that is the only way to reconcile the shipping data. Still, PS3 definitely has the momentum now so assuming that 360 did reach 80 million a month before the PS3 then it appears that PS3 will pass the 360 in around 8 weeks time (360 avg ~100k a week x a month = ~400k ahead, PS3 avg ~150k a week so will take ~ 8 weeks to catch up 400k). 

It also means PS3 has shipped 10 million in the past year (passed 70 mil on the 04 Nov 12 according to Sony). 

I'm surprised PS3 sell-in is only at about the same number as X360 as I thought PS3 shipments had actually gone past 360 early this year. I'm not surprised that the VGC LTD number is out by a few percent because, well, it is an estimate and their estimate will never be 100%. I'm fine with being able to rely on VGC LTD number being +/- 3%. So at current sales that a MoE of 2.4 million. And I'm confident PS3 LTD retail sales is above 78 million.

I quite like the symmetry of no one really knowing which console will be in 2nd place retail-wise at the time the new Xbox and PS launch. Seems quite fitting for how this generation has played out. When I first joined this site I predicted PS3 and X360 would end up with a technical draw for 2nd place. So I'm glad at least one of my predictions has come true, IMO.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ps3 oficial report is Sell-in' refers to the number of orders from retailers and distributors. Basically, it's the number of PS3s Sony manufactured and shipped out to fill orders.
Same units that 360 las moths
http://gematsu.com/2013/11/worldwide-playstation-3-sales-reach-80-million

today announced that cumulative sales of the PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system has reached a milestone of 80 million units*1

THe question!! Why vgchartz.com not update the numbers for 360 at 80. And update the numbers for PS3 3 Months ago at 80? Open Thread for this????

Good job little Xbox 360 team!

Ha ha, just playin'. Anyway, the 360 usually outsells the PS3 on Black Friday by 3 to 1 and the rest of this time of the year. So starting in Jan or May or so of next year we can have a few more of those oh so fun threads of 'is this the year the PS3 will outsell the 360!?!"

But the big question is, since the Xbox 360 seems to do so well in most English speaking territories, and since most of the people hear can speak (or at least read) English. Why don't we have more Xbox fans?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

fps_d0minat0r said:
ironmanDX said:
Lol, how many.people were talking about the ps3 passing the Wii? With the new Wii mini about to release, it sounds like a pipedream.

whose going to buy a discontinued console that cant go online?

ps3 will still be selling 3 years from now and like ive said in other threads, the race isnt over just because some consoles didnt have the legs. If anything that automatically makes ps3 the winner.

Bahahaha! Oh wow. Thanks man, I enjoyed that.