By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One/ Forza 5 first impressions.

Tagged games:

Yes I'm sure a lot of the cars that where in Forza 4 will end up in the DLC car packs but I'm hoping that at least half of the 10 cars in in each pack will be cars that are new to the series.

Around the Network

I got to play it at my local Game a few days ago. Was actually the second time I played it having been to EG expo.

As a huge racing fan and amateur racing driver at the weekends I really liked it. However for a game like Forza it would of been nice to be able to have tried it with a steering wheel. The thing I noticed about the game was the things happening in the background. People moving around, birds, choppers etc. Was more immersive then I thought it would be. The only thing I didn't like was the crashes, they still are not right. I rolled a Ferrari after smacking into a barrier and it just had scratches on it. Now I realise this is probably a licensing issue as what company wants to show their car totalled? But would of been nice to see them crumple up a bit more.
Other then that the game was awesome. Having also had a look at Driveclub while there it was much better then DC.

I don't think you will ever see a racing game with real licensed cars that will alow you to destroy them like the cars in Burnout Paradise.

Chris Hu said:

Yes I'm sure a lot of the cars that where in Forza 4 will end up in the DLC car packs but I'm hoping that at least half of the 10 cars in in each pack will be cars that are new to the series.

Yeah it just seems crappy to have to buy them. But I do understand why.

Hyruken said:
I got to play it at my local Game a few days ago. Was actually the second time I played it having been to EG expo.

As a huge racing fan and amateur racing driver at the weekends I really liked it. However for a game like Forza it would of been nice to be able to have tried it with a steering wheel. The thing I noticed about the game was the things happening in the background. People moving around, birds, choppers etc. Was more immersive then I thought it would be. The only thing I didn't like was the crashes, they still are not right. I rolled a Ferrari after smacking into a barrier and it just had scratches on it. Now I realise this is probably a licensing issue as what company wants to show their car totalled? But would of been nice to see them crumple up a bit more.
Other then that the game was awesome. Having also had a look at Driveclub while there it was much better then DC.

How did you feel about the controller? Did you notice the issue with the bumpers or am I crazy?

Around the Network

200 cars isn't too bad, I remember in gt5 although only a shade over 200 premiums after tinkering about you end up with so many models

same car different specs and looks etc so I doubt it's such a big issue

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Normando said:
Chris Hu said:

Well I also wouldn't mind if some of the DLC cars are DLC cars from previous Forza games.  Don't own any car packs for Horizon and FM4 but  will buy the November car pack for Horizon soon and will probabaly end up buying some for FM4.  Bought all the DLC cars except the Peugeot 908 in FM2 because they where dirt cheap at the time.  Didn't buy any DLC in FM3 since I have the Ultimate edition that comes with almost all the DLC and the few cars that where missing ended up being in FM4.  Also what type of view did you use when you tried Forza 5 I usually play all my racing games in third person view but will try interior view if the car has detailed interiors.

Chris Hu said:
Normando said:
Chris Hu said:

Well I also wouldn't mind if some of the DLC cars are DLC cars from previous Forza games.  Don't own any car packs for Horizon and FM4 but  will buy the November car pack for Horizon soon and will probabaly end up buying some for FM4.  Bought all the DLC cars except the Peugeot 908 in FM2 because they where dirt cheap at the time.  Didn't buy any DLC in FM3 since I have the Ultimate edition that comes with almost all the DLC and the few cars that where missing ended up being in FM4.  Also what type of view did you use when you tried Forza 5 I usually play all my racing games in third person view but will try interior view if the car has detailed interiors.

Yeah I don't mind DLC in general I just think it's crappy that the game is going to launch with so few cars which will make DLC almost a must. I tried to mix up the views so I used all of them for at least a lap. I usually use 1st person if I'm racing competitively but I'll use 3rd person or one of the other views if I'm just driving around. The interiors looked really good by the way. I still think that Forza has a somewhat less realistic looking art style but the detailing was really good.