By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Resolutiongate: Call of Duty: Ghosts dev Infinity Ward responds

Tagged games:

Anyone remember the rumors about the MS OS Problems?....

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
can they not issue a patch to upscale the Xbox1 game? it has them extra chips to do stuff like that.

There are a question like that and he said they won't work on patch for that... more for network issues only... he is even not sure if this kind of patch is possible.

ethomaz said:

GribbleGrunger said:

It's stil preferable to saying weaker GPU

It is but a weaker GPU can't be the only reason for a over 130% difference bettween the two consoles... the GPU is more like 50% only.

You have to also remove 10% from the X1 GPU for Kinect and snap. I've got to be honest though, I don't think you can judge the differences based on resolution alone.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

You have to also remove 10% from the X1 GPU for Kinect and snap. I've got to be honest though, I don't think you can judge the differences based on resolution alone.

You are right but 720p to 1080p is a massive difference... I think GPU only can't tell you that difference even if 10% is used to OS/Kinect... I guess everything is hurting the Xbone's performance: GPU, Memory (eSRAM + DDR3), OS, etc.

And something to add... some people here says that Infinity Ward is lazzy but they even worked together with MS engineers and they can't solve the issues... so I think it is not a lazzy work from Infinity Ward.

To be fair I guess most of time used by D.I.C.E. and Infinity Ward were spent with Xbone version of the game to try to reach the PS4's performance.

i just hope this doesn't compromise future games on the ps4.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
i just hope this doesn't compromise future games on the ps4.

I guess since it didn't already for launch, it won't later... I GUESS. Didn't even think of that, now I'm a bit worried.

No matter of the amount of tweaks and experience of devs with XBO's quircks though can't undo the main, huge, problem it has - the weak GPU. While I believe PS4/XBO can get closer to parity, the PS4 will always be significantly ahead thanks to a much superior GPU.

Honest to god I don't see the gap closing much at all. There were others here that already knew about difference. Its mostly attributed to the fact that the ps4 has a massive advantage in terms of rops and bandwidth. I only see the gap closing by a small margin. I don't exactly think that 720p will be the norm for the X1 but rather somewhere in between 720p to 900p.

Most important (and thus, categorically ignored) parts:

Can you personally see the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions running side by side?

If they’re running side by side, some people will, some people won’t. The 720 on Xbox One is upscaled to 1080p as far as resolution is concerned – some people have noticed and some people haven’t. I think it’s an individual call. Maybe it’s a close call and maybe it’s not for some people. It really depends on how hyper-aware you are of things like that.

Do you think most people will notice?

If you bought one version or the other it looks great, and that’s how most people will experience the systems – they’re going to buy one and they’re not going to buy both, necessarily.

So I think people will see the new game and think ‘wow it looks great’ – tons of new graphics features, all next gen and that’s how I think it’ll happen. As far as, like, if people start doing side by sides, I don’t know. I mean, I’m sure once the game and next gen launches and people start doing the comparisons – you know, like making YouTube videos – but I don’t know if people will really be able to tell that much difference.

To be honest, we’re kinda gonna have to wait and see. We’ve never done, specifically, a comparison of any sorts. So we have both systems and we can set up those at any time, but it’s something we didn’t purposely try to compare, we’re just concentrate on making each one, not trying to compare each one.

This tells me they have a learning curve. Xbox One can easily achieve 1080p 60 FPS.

Spin is funny. How can a learning curve mean its easy? Lol