By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Salnax said:
Conegamer said:
An unannounced 3DS title? Hmm...

I dunno. F_Zero maybe?

Remember that I get exclusive thread rights for that game if it's announced at the E3!

Why do you want "exclusive thread rights"? I didn't think you were like that Salnax! Regardless that's something that you should ask the community, though really there's no reason for anyone to have "exclusive thread rights," and most people will of course agree with that, but I guess that's why you're not asking them!

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Conegamer said:
An unannounced 3DS title? Hmm...

I dunno. F_Zero maybe?

Remember that I get exclusive thread rights for that game if it's announced at the E3!

Yup it's all written down, never fear!

Also Einsam he was very vocal about it in here earlier; so no complaints there.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

That was not in the thread title and this thread has thousands of post of in it, so barely anyone would have seen it. I sure didn't until just now, hence it needs it's own thread! And yes there is a complaint right here! This whole thread rights and claiming thread topics thing is hypocritical and does nothing to better the community, only hinder it, so it needs to be done away with already!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Salnax said:

Why do you want "exclusive thread rights"? I didn't think you were like that Salnax! Regardless that's something that you should ask the community, though really there's no reason for anyone to have "exclusive thread rights," and most people will of course agree with that, but I guess that's why you're not asking them!

I'm not really like that! Well, maybe I would be for a Chrono Trigger remake, but otherwise, I mostly meant that as a joke. Basically, I predicted the existence of a new F-Zero for the 3DS a little while back and Conegamer said something along the lines of "That's never going to happen, but if it does, you get to make the official thread." Considering how the prediction involved Reggie dressed as Captain Falcon punching Iwata in the face, I wasn't being very serious.

Honestly, I might not be able to watch the E3 Direct live this year (darn summer Geology class!), so actually claiming my prize, given jokingly or not, would be a jerk move.

So consider this my giving up of exclusive rights. Anybody can make all the F-Zero 3DS threads they want.

I still get to put the word "Official" in my "Told you so!" thread.

I try to not be a dick, but being smug comes first.

Love and tolerate.

Oh, and to make the record clear: I have never beaten any F-Zero title. I just predicted a new one might be announced.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Conegamer said:

That was not in the thread title and this thread has thousands of post of in it, so barely anyone would have seen it. I sure didn't until just now, hence it needs it's own thread! And yes there is a complaint right here! This whole thread rights and claiming thread topics thing is hypocritical and does nothing to better the community, only hinder it, so it needs to be done away with already!

That's the way things work here, though. Also, that ain't going to change. I thought we had cleared that all up...

Perhaps it could have been clearer, but still. It's a very unlikely occurence and will likely not happen; if it does then Salnax can make the official thread for it (not limiting other threads for it). I don't see much issue here.

Dammit, I started this shit up again, didn't I?

If a shitstorm ensues, I'm sorry in advance.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

I'm not really like that! Well, maybe I would be for a Chrono Trigger remake, but otherwise, I mostly meant that as a joke. Basically, I predicted the existence of a new F-Zero for the 3DS a little while back and Conegamer said something along the lines of "That's never going to happen, but if it does, you get to make the official thread." Considering how the prediction involved Reggie dressed as Captain Falcon punching Iwata in the face, I wasn't being very serious.

Honestly, I might not be able to watch the E3 Direct live this year (darn summer Geology class!), so actually claiming my prize, given jokingly or not, would be a jerk move.

So consider this my giving up of exclusive rights. Anybody can make all the F-Zero 3DS threads they want.

I still get to put the word "Official" in my "Told you so!" thread.

I try to not be a dick, but being smug comes first.

Ah, phew, I was about to say!

The Mario Kart team said they'd be interested in making another F-Zero, so if that's true, I wouldn't expect an F-Zero game until a year two since they just finished Mario Kart 8. I'll still hope your prediction comes true though!

Salnax said:
Dammit, I started this shit up again, didn't I?

If a shitstorm ensues, I'm sorry in advance.

No need to apologize, you've done nothing wrong at all

Conegamer said:

That's the way things work here, though. Also, that ain't going to change. I thought we had cleared that all up...

What a terrible thing to say. Even if the people don't like it, even if it's completely illogical, you'll still do it anyway. No wonder there's so much negativity towards the mod community here. I thought it was just exaggerated and not justified at first, but now I understand, and by now, I mean after that very mature and appropriate response I had gotten from the head mod!