By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Wii U News: May 14, 2014

• To my knowlege, the embargo on Mario Kart 8 reviews is being lifted in somewhere from 4 to 8 hours from now. In any case, prepare a dish of crow, either to serve your opponents or to feast upon yourself. Or if you just so happen to enjoy eating that kind of fowl. And now for some actual news and such.
  • Swords and Soliders, a popular WiiWare title is coming to Wii U in HD next week. It will only cost $3.
  • According to the NPD, it is literally impossible for a Nintendo gamer to be "core." Good to know.
  • X, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 are all slated for the 2014 financial year in America and Europe. That could be as late as March 31, 2015, but still great to hear!
  • Scram Kitty for the eShop is apparently a good game.
  • Tomorrow, Japan finally gets Sonic Racing Transformed for the Wii U. Great timing guys?

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

Pretty early? 

It said 2014, not FY 14; I highly doubt X, Bayo2, and Hyrule Warriors will release early 2015! (A boy has to dream...)

And that MKWii looks odd. Is it from an emulator?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

3DS news of 14/05/2014: This was a good day!

• [Almost forgot to do this] Global HW & SW, week ending May 3rd: The 3DS had no variation from last week, selling 110k units! It's SW sold over 664k units (+26%!), with the release of Mario Golf World Tour WorldWide (90k first week) and Kirby Triple Deluxe (74k) in USA. And other games, like Yokai Watch with 65k, Pokemon XY with 44k, Mario Party 29k, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call 25k, Yoshi's New Island 20k, etc; had  great week!
  • Japanes news (excluding the charts): there's a "free games" promo if you buy a 3DS LL, and it only was for AC and YW, but now there are 3 new games! And there´s mobile app coming out for the 3DS! (huehuehue... It's coming out on Sony smartphones)
  • Nintendo ninja's have done a great job...
  • Media Create: A huge fell in numbers for this week! Except Yokai Watch, which sold almost 60k units! Besides that, there are 9 3DS games in the Top 10 (14 in Top 20), and 3 Wii U games in the Top 20 (it's because everything fell, but 3D World has good legs and the other 2 were released recently). The 3DS still managed to sell 35k units, and the Wii U just above 7.5k.
  • You can get a 2DS for $99 at Target! (it says "through May 17th. Does that mean until or beginnning on that date?)
  • Take Two still considers Nintendo important... Unlike NPD!
  • The E3 floor has a small (but very interesting) surprise...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

sundin13 said:

If you haven't already gotten it, I would be willing to get the game for you if you sent me some coin codes...

This offer is open to anyone, I have coins expiring soon and I am close to gold so it would be a win-win if we could work something out

wish I could help you but I don't have any codes right now...

sundin13 said:
Hey guys, so I have 320 Club Nintendo coins expiring in June and nothing to spend them on. I also need 80 more coins to get to Gold for the year...

I'd be willing to trade one of the digital rewards for Coins if anyone has any spares.

The digital rewards for this month are:
Super Metroid (Wii U)
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (3DS)
Brain Age Express: Arts and Letters (3DS)
Mario Kart 64 (Wii U/Wii)

Any takers?

I have a couple of old DS game codes that I never used... idk if they will still work becuase there old but im willing to make the trade if you still want.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Salnax said:

Pretty early? 

It said 2014, not FY 14; I highly doubt X, Bayo2, and Hyrule Warriors will release early 2015! (A boy has to dream...)

And that MKWii looks odd. Is it from an emulator?

The rest of the document was referring to a "year" as a period that ended in late March; I'm pretty sure that indicates that they're talking about financial years.

I'd be pleased with just two of those games in 2014 proper. We wouldn't want a drought in early 2015, would we?

I just googled for that image, but I think it's just a poor or awkwardly positioned camera, as opposed to an emulator.

Love and tolerate.

Some of the reviews I'm finding.

Top Marks (Perfect and Almost Perfect Scores)

9/10 or So

8/10 or So

Actually Critical Reviews

Reviews without Scores

In short, the game's looking to be at least as well received as MK7 and Double Dash, and better received than MKWii, but not quite as well received as DS.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

9/10 or Equivalent

Dualshockers gave it a 9.5: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/15/review-mario-kart-8-comes-in-first-place-even-when-hit-by-red-and-blue-shells/

Also it currently has a 90 meta on Metacritic.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Salnax said:

9/10 or Equivalent

Dualshockers gave it a 9.5: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/15/review-mario-kart-8-comes-in-first-place-even-when-hit-by-red-and-blue-shells/

Also it currently has a 90 meta on Metacritic.

Metacritic already updated?

I stayed up late for nothing?

Meh. Still elated.

Love and tolerate.

Conegamer said:
I'm ashamed to say that, with all the duplicate threads and news, this fell off my forum buddy >.<

Tagged.

There should be a way to allow us to "stick" threads on our forum buddy.

Now that you're a mod, you are in a better position than the rest of us to propose the idea to whomever corresponds the decision.

And yes, this is an excuse to bump this thread a bit higher on my forum buddy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.