By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
spurgeonryan said:
Defaults out in America?

woops, was meant to say to pick it up in a week. Cant remeber the exact date but its early Feb

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Defaults out in America?

woops, was meant to say to pick it up in a week. Cant remeber the exact date but its early Feb

Yup, it's coming out Feb. 7, next Friday. Really hope you enjoy the game once you play it

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

spurgeonryan said:
You must be in Europe then.^

Yeah, already played the game and completed it 100% on Hard .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Hmm, I'm not sure if I like the boxart for PW vs. AA...both series have a very distinctive boxart and yet neither is used. A shame.

I also second the Bravely Default thing. Well worth a look, and it will likely only become rare anyway!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ktay95 said:
Noticed my MH4U thread is listed on the first page here as Official Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Thread!
Should I rename it that or is there someone I need to ask before I can call it official?
btw all of you Americans need to pick up Bravely Default, been playing for 15 hours so far and its so good =D

That depends. It tends to help to ask mods, but that isnt always the case. I didn't for some of mine, for example. 

I'm sure if you renamed it Noone would be upset.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Damn work taking all of my at-home time as well. One suggestion to you peeps, never own a frigging packaging agency >_>.

Been slowly progressing through Prime 3. Playing through 3 after having played Prime and Echoes, you really see some of the shortcoming that Corruption had, such as it being much more linear, lacking in some fine details such as the logbook being extremely generic and the lack of diversity between items.

Yeah, it is definitely the weakest, even if Echoes is more frustrating. Still a great game. But weaker. 

You also forgot the lack of atmosphere and how you only have the one beam weapon. I hope a new Prime will be more like the first two, but anything would be nice.

And you own a packing company? That sounds pretty cool!

Slarvax said:

Wii U news of 27/01/2014:

Well, that hints at other games being developed by Retro, right? I mean, it's not that the enemies on Donkey Kong need to be that smart ot hire an AI engineer...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

Damn work taking all of my at-home time as well. One suggestion to you peeps, never own a frigging packaging agency >_>.

Been slowly progressing through Prime 3. Playing through 3 after having played Prime and Echoes, you really see some of the shortcoming that Corruption had, such as it being much more linear, lacking in some fine details such as the logbook being extremely generic and the lack of diversity between items.

Yeah, it is definitely the weakest, even if Echoes is more frustrating. Still a great game. But weaker. 

You also forgot the lack of atmosphere and how you only have the one beam weapon. I hope a new Prime will be more like the first two, but anything would be nice.

Yeah, the beam-weapon stacking is a bit annoying, but having played the previous primes with the Wii control schematics, switching beams with the mote isn't as intuitive as with the GC controls. It's actually pretty intrusive during some intense boss fights, where you have to switch beams and visors, because you have to flick the mote to the respective visor/beam positions, throwing off your aim completely. So I get why they made the beams stack on Corruption.

Actually I didn't find Echoes to be that frustrating, neither on my first playthrough nor on this one. It's much more backtracking intensive, true, but that's due to the Aether/Dark Aether duality. That, and Echoes being much larger than the original Prime (Aether alone has more rooms than the whole Tallon world). 

Not an entire packing company per-se, just a franchised agency. All the hassles and annoyances of owning a company plus low-profit margins because the mother company takes away a 55 - 60% slice cut out of our overall revenue.

Current PC Build

3ds hardware sales pass 15 million units in japan http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/3ds_hardware_sales_pass_15_million_units_in_japan

lestatdark said:
Conegamer said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah, the beam-weapon stacking is a bit annoying, but having played the previous primes with the Wii control schematics, switching beams with the mote isn't as intuitive as with the GC controls. It's actually pretty intrusive during some intense boss fights, where you have to switch beams and visors, because you have to flick the mote to the respective visor/beam positions, throwing off your aim completely. So I get why they made the beams stack on Corruption.

Actually I didn't find Echoes to be that frustrating, neither on my first playthrough nor on this one. It's much more backtracking intensive, true, but that's due to the Aether/Dark Aether duality. That, and Echoes being much larger than the original Prime (Aether alone has more rooms than the whole Tallon world). 

Not an entire packing company per-se, just a franchised agency. All the hassles and annoyances of owning a company plus low-profit margins because the mother company takes away a 55 - 60% slice cut out of our overall revenue.

Never really thought of it like that, but I never played the Prime games before Trilogy, so I don't know how they were on GC. So I was used to using the Wiimote to select things, so it never bothered me. I guess it could be annoying though, if you played the GC titles.

It wasn't that Echoes was annoying. Trying to find all of the keys was, and also the save points were very spread out (the Sanctuary is a good example). There's also fewer shortcuts which open up, making backtracking more painful. But I still really enjoyed it!