By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

I don't know if I'm late but I will vote either way! I was lazy the other day so here is the full list Conegamer!

Best Platformer: Super Mario 3D World

Best Action-Adventure: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Best Puzzle: -

Best eShop: -

Biggest Surprise: Fire Emblem Awakening

Best Game No-One Bought (VGC: Below 250k): The Wonderful 101

Best Story: Fire Emblem Awakening

Best Soundtrack: Super Mario 3D World

Wii U Game Of The Year: Super Mario 3D World

3DS Game Of The Year: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

I've been doing the whole game with Peach, hence my current issues with that level. To be honest, it's only the Green Stars 10 and 19 that are hard with Peach (if you don't have a Cat suit) since she takes about 2/3 seconds to get full acceleration. 

Last night I stopped at Green Star 25 because I didn't knew you could use the piranha plants to eat the fuzzies and it was already too late to try again. Probably gonna finish it up today with Peach and then with Rosalina.

Still have to give Champion's Road a try. I'm eager to see how it stacks up against The Perfect Run from SMG2

What are stars 10 and 19? 

I had troubles with the ice skating shoe star (even with Toad I always got the star with 1 or 2 seconds left) and the one when you have jump on the piranha plants.

Btw, on that one with the fuzzies after you kill them you also have to kill the two piranha plants as well, the first time I killed all of the fuzzies and the star didn't appear, so I realize I had to also kill the plants but it was already too late lol.

Since I'm doing the Champions Road with Toad I say it's a lot harder than The Perfect Run in SMG 2, but with Peach or Rosalina is probably around the same level of difficulty.

Nintendo and PC gamer

The Sherlock resurrection I'm fairly certain wasn't the actual way he did it. It's supposed to be a mystery.

And youre just in time Anfebious! Voting closes in just over an hour...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Let's do this:

• Best Platformer: Super Mario 3D World
  • Best Action-Adventure: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
  • Biggest Surprise: Super Mario 3D World
  • Best Story: Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Best Soundtrack: Wind Waker HD
  • Wii U Game Of The Year: Super Mario 3D World
  • 3DS Game Of The Year: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

After making this I realized I didn't play many games that came out this year. Doesn't help that I only have 2 Wii U games

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
lestatdark said:

I've been doing the whole game with Peach, hence my current issues with that level. To be honest, it's only the Green Stars 10 and 19 that are hard with Peach (if you don't have a Cat suit) since she takes about 2/3 seconds to get full acceleration. 

Last night I stopped at Green Star 25 because I didn't knew you could use the piranha plants to eat the fuzzies and it was already too late to try again. Probably gonna finish it up today with Peach and then with Rosalina.

Still have to give Champion's Road a try. I'm eager to see how it stacks up against The Perfect Run from SMG2

I had troubles with the ice skating shoe star (even with Toad I always got the star with 1 or 2 seconds left) and the one when you have jump on the piranha plants.

Btw, on that one with the fuzzies after you kill them you also have to kill the two piranha plants as well, the first time I killed all of the fuzzies and the star didn't appear, so I realize I had to also kill the plants but it was already too late lol.

Since I'm doing the Champions Road with Toad I say it's a lot harder than The Perfect Run in SMG 2, but with Peach or Rosalina is probably around the same level of difficulty.

10 is the one with the Thwomps, if you miss a jump onto the thwomps with Peach, you won't get the star on time. 19 is the rotating wheel one, you have to time the run so that when you jump on the last piranha you have enough time to jump to the star.

Thanks for that tip on the fuzzies level, won't be caught unaware now

The only difficulty that I had with TPR was the one-hit only handicap, since the layout was relatively straight forward. Since on Champion's Run you can bring suits like Tanookie and such, I have to see what they came up with to make it more difficult.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
osed125 said:

10 is the one with the Thwomps, if you miss a jump onto the thwomps with Peach, you won't get the star on time. 19 is the rotating wheel one, you have to time the run so that when you jump on the last piranha you have enough time to jump to the star.

Thanks for that tip on the fuzzies level, won't be caught unaware now

The only difficulty that I had with TPR was the one-hit only handicap, since the layout was relatively straight forward. Since on Champion's Run you can bring suits like Tanookie and such, I have to see what they came up with to make it more difficult.

That's true, but until you get good enough at the level you will lose those powerups sooner or later...unless you want to exit the level every time you want to get a new powerup, but I'm personally too lazy to do it haha.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
lestatdark said:

That's true, but until you get good enough at the level you will lose those powerups sooner or later. Unless you want to exit every time you want to get a new powerup, but I'm personally too lazy to do it haha.

I'm that lazy as well, so i'll probably end up doing it without powerups

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Tropical Freeze preview. Game is looking great. For those of you on the fence and haven't made up your mind yet. 

Tropical Freeze is a day one purchase. To me, the leaps the game's taking over DKC:R are almost similar to the quality leaps that DKC 2 took over DKC, which is a very good thing .

Dixie Kong FTW!

Current PC Build

On the topic of Nintendo Direct, they've had a Nintendo Direct in some shape or form every month for over a year now, so they'll definitely have another this month! I'm not expecting a bunch of new game announcements like last year though.