By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PATENT WAR: SONY AND MICROSOFT JOIN HANDS WITH APPLE TO DESTROY GOOGLE!!1!11!!

Hilarious.

Google has too much power right now anyway, have at it.

Around the Network

Thats hilarious wasnt there a new law that forbid buying companies for the purpose of starting a patent war?

I take it you didn't actually read the post.

Would something like this affect telecommunication companies like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Doesn't Sony make Android phones? Why in the world would they go after Google?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Its scary sony and microsoft probably already conspirating and try to destroy nintendo, damn i had such a feeling when all the graphic bashing of the Wii u started.

An important aspect of this conflict:

Google was invited to join the consortium and declined, electing to go it alone. Essentially they recognized that joining the consortium would only maintain their status quo patent disadvantage, and they wanted something that could shift the balance of power in their favour. They wanted patents they could sue MS, Apple, et al with.

Google gambled, bid as high as $4.4 billion, and lost. Now they have to pay the dealer when they could have licensed these patents for a fraction of the cost if they had just been willing to be a team player.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Patent trolls being patent trolls.

The system needs change.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron