By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wal-Mart to cover up M-rated games

^^No Brawl is rated T for TEen

I think that Wal Mart did the right thing. Its customers have a wide variety of ages from being as young as 6 or 7 to 40. 6-7 yr olds do not need to be exposed to shooting or combat games at such a young age.

Around the Network

they said plans to cover T games too^^

What? Why are they going to cover up the video games, most of which don't really have much offensive things on the cover, but they don't do this with their DVDs? Seriously, which is more offensive? The cover for Bully, or the covers to the Saw movies?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I hate Wal Mart so much, they suck on so many levels.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Uh...while I honestly don't care that they cover it so it deters kids from checking it out...

A) Not sure how many kids buy games based off covers
and more importantly
B) Don't freaking sell the games to kids!!

I suppose if it's only Wal-Mart, who cares. Perhaps it'll help stupid parents realize the material in the games isn't suitable for their spawn.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I have not seen a video game cover offensive( even games rated AO)

BenKenobi88 said:
Uh...while I honestly don't care that they cover it so it deters kids from checking it out...

A) Not sure how many kids buy games based off covers
and more importantly
B) Don't freaking sell the games to kids!!

I suppose if it's only Wal-Mart, who cares. Perhaps it'll help stupid parents realize the material in the games isn't suitable for their spawn.

but what if all the other stores follow suit???

dsoverpsp said:
^^No Brawl is rated T for TEen

I think that Wal Mart did the right thing. Its customers have a wide variety of ages from being as young as 6 or 7 to 40. 6-7 yr olds do not need to be exposed to shooting or combat games at such a young age.

Wow, someone that actually agrees with this nonsense?  The next time you go to your local Wal-mart look at the covers in the video game section.  Next, go into DVD section and pick up a random R rated movie.  'Gee, Mass Effect is corrupting our children's futures!  I'm going to go buy a movie instead, where's Hostel?'

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

^lolol - WM should cover up R rated movies too then

pichu_pichu said:
they said plans to cover T games too^^

Oh Okay that is overboard but the M's i stillkinda agree w.