By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict WiiU LTD by Dec 31st 2013 - 5.34m LTD FINAL SALES

WiiU LTD by Dec 31st 2013?

5.5 million or less 330 36.50%

6 million 181 20.02%

6.5 million 111 12.28%

7 million 85 9.40%

7.5 million 54 5.97%

8 million 52 5.75%

8.5 million 16 1.77%

9 million 12 1.33%

9.5 million 5 0.55%

10 million or more 58 6.42%

Total:904
Seece said:

Hello no. It's still hard to fathom it doing lower but logically, the numbers I come up with are far less than 7m.

I really thought it could catch up to the GameCube (9.55m) by end of fiscal year because of how bad GC did during the holidays(2.87m Oct-Mar)... But Wii U was 2.77m behind GC numbers going into this quarter and falling further behind each week.

Now, I think it would be lucky to retain the 2.77m gap and keep pace with the GC's sales. Which would mean 6.78m at the end of march. That's 6months behind the GC's numbers.

Around the Network

1 million or less shipped this quarter so less than 5 million by year end.

Max King of the Wild said:
Seece said:

Hello no. It's still hard to fathom it doing lower but logically, the numbers I come up with are far less than 7m.

I really thought it could catch up to the GameCube (9.55m) by end of fiscal year because of how bad GC did during the holidays(2.87m Oct-Mar)... But Wii U was 2.77m behind GC numbers going into this quarter and falling further behind each week.

Now, I think it would be lucky to retain the 2.77m gap and keep pace with the GC's sales. Which would mean 6.78m at the end of march. That's 6months behind the GC's numbers.

Yeah, the NPD numbers have surprised me. I expected around 100k, with a good X6 in November. Even then that'd have been a 1.2m holiday in US so like 2.5m WW.

Even a X8 boost of 55k is 440k for Nov on par with last year ...

Dunban67 said:
They have sold 3.863 million thru October so if they average 200k+/- consoles a week that is 1.6 million and some change which puts them at 5.5 million

5.5 million+/- by 12-31-13

But if you look at the last 7 months, they don't average 200k a week. They average less than 100k

I was sure I posted 5.5 here before

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Last weeks could be higher but I still stick to my original prediction in here since these last couple of weeks have been ultra slow and NPD numbers are a disaster.

Won't pass 5m. PS4 and X1 are going to steal the spotlight in the west and 3DS and Vita will reign supreme in Japan.

ryuzaki57 said:
Won't pass 5m. PS4 and X1 are going to steal the spotlight in the west and 3DS and Vita will reign supreme in Japan.

You forgeting 3DS is going to be number 1 in every region thus holiday? Especially in US  

Seece said:

Yeah, the NPD numbers have surprised me. I expected around 100k, with a good X6 in November. Even then that'd have been a 1.2m holiday in US so like 2.5m WW.

Even a X8 boost of 55k is 440k for Nov on par with last year ...

It's not only US thats in trouble but Japan too. Both trackers showed Wii U couldn't sustain interest and had more than a 60% drop (and most likely another drop in next chart).

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

You forgeting 3DS is going to be number 1 in every region thus holiday? Especially in US  

It's not gonna beat the PS4 launch