By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can We Show Appreciation To The Best In The Industry - Square Enix

When it comes to music in games no one can come close to Square Enix.  Say what you want about the quality of their recent games, but the music in their games has constantly stayed the best in the industry for years and years.  So I thought we could take a break from all the X1 and PS4 rumors and just take a minute to listen to some great music :D.  Here are some of my favorites:

Btw if your only gonna listen to one song in the OP listen to the first one, it ties with the name of the thread

Post some of your favorite or if you think someone is better than SE say why.

Edit: Here are some more recent ones:

Around the Network

This is all quite old minus drakengard... SE really started going off the rails in like 2011... not to say that the music isn't good of course.

Yeah, I really like a lot of their music. FFXIII's Blinded by Light (battle music) comes to mind, and FFXV back when it was known as vsXIII also had some nice music (Somnus). I definitely agree with KH.

Xen said:

This is all quite old minus drakengard... SE really started going off the rails in like 2011... not to say that the music isn't good of course.

Well its just my favorites, that doesn't really mean their current stuff isn't good.  I among many other people liked the soundtrack in FF13.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:

Well its just my favorites, that doesn't really mean their current stuff isn't good.  I among many other people liked the soundtrack in FF13.

That was one of the few things I liked there, not to derail the thread...

It's just that in the spirit of the thread, you should show more recent examples also.

Around the Network
Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:

It's just that in the spirit of the thread, you should show more recent examples also.

I just choked on the thread title, good job. Agree about the music though. Good job by Square Enix Yoko Shimomura and Nobuo Uematsu (both freelancers atm). Their internal guys aren't really noteworthy anymore.

Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:

Added some more recent ones

imo Dark Souls music a long with Shadow of The Colossus' music wrecks anything SE has to offer.
But honorable mention to Deus Ex: HR "Icarus".

*reads thread title*

No.

*reads OP*

Not anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Um old Square yes.

Modern SE can go die for all I care.