By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Question for those that have finished mass effect...

I want to play the game with my daughter in the room.  She's 9.  ?Outside of the infamous "adult scene" in the game, what other areas of the game are significantly "mature" in nature?  She plays shooters that aren't bloody -- i.e. Earth Defense Force, call of duty games (Teen Rating) and the like so I'm not concerned about people and/or aliens being shot but if it is gory or the language is bad, I'll have to play late at night...  Also, where is the sex scene?  Is it early in the game and is it obvious it is coming so I can "pause" and come back later?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

You have to have a certain dialog with either the blue mouth girl (I believe) or Ashley. I have only played the game once, and didn't really talk to my team members outside of battle so I don't know. If you youtube it, you'll see it's not really that serious.

How are the gunbattles and such -- are they fairly bloody or rather bloodless?

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

If memory serves the gunbattles involve a lot of shooting but I can't remember much blood (and if there was any it was mild and not graphic). The sex scene is near the end of the game, and the only other part I can think of immediately that is inappropriate might be this strip club near the beginning of the game.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

I play it with my 6 year old in the room. Nothing in the game is any worse than the Star Wars saga. Your kid will be bored to death, though.

Around the Network

If there is any blood, it is very mild, and wouldn't really hurt your daughter. If you use radioactive bullets, green liquid will shoot out though.

Ok, thx for the feedback...

I hate trolls.

No problem. Thanks for choosing THAT avatar!

Its not grapically violent. the strip club with the fully clothed dancer is more explicit than the 3 "sex scenes" I have seen so far. The mature rating it got for "profile of breast" was much ado about nothing.

Man ... I'll hit you in the a.m., Ken ... I don't play it around my son (he's 4) and the dialogue isn't very bad, but they say a few swear words.

I'm heading to bed ... we'll talk.