By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Quick Question] Who here ever bought a game base on hype?

red dead redemption

open world just isn't my cup of tea

Around the Network

Skyrim (kinda regret), Diablo 3 (regret), Fire Emblem Awakening (don't regret, but it is overrated), and MadWorld (don't regret).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

platformmaster918 said:
Zappykins said:

That's the one.  And with my mighty and loud subwolfer it was most terrifying for my little guy.  I managed to get myself killed a few times.  Then thre were the choices!  I tend to get stressed about big choices early on and not sure if I'm making the right one. Also, I didn't know other dragons wouldn't come attacking.  That first attack was thrilling and excieting- so I would carefully creep through the forrest and hide behind trees.

Having no previous knowledge of the lore or history I knew I was making important choices, but not sure if I would later regret them.  Also, not sure what or how I did it, but at level 13 I was getting attacked by dragons that you usualy don't get to much later.  I had to learn how to do some serious dodging, as one tiny hit and I was a charred dragon snack.

Also, being a World of Warcraft player, whenever I saw someone I thought they might be friendlly.  I would wave and run over to greet them.  Turns out they are most often not.  This lead to one of my early favorite moments where running to someone, the sun came up, and they dissloved into dust.  (I thought it was a vampire, but was just a raised dead person running out of time with perfect timing.)

So I learned in the wild all strangers are hostile!  So this led to a mistake I made early on thinking all people were bad, and think I was smart by distance shooting what later turned out to be a guard.  It did not go over well for my 4th level character, lol.

I wish I had recorded it, it would be a most funnly beginning bloopers real for Skyrim.  'The Misadvenures of little La Blair in Skyrim.'  Sure that troll looks a bit like the abomable snow monster from rudolph, he just wants a friend.  Go give him a hug.

haha if only there was a share button then

There will be that funcationalily next gen!  Although might be delayed for one.

I already can share achievements. Now it will record how you get them if you want to share them too.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Oblivion. Fuck that game
Modern Warfare 2. Fuck that game
inFamous. Fuck that game, but the sequel is great.
L.A. Noire. Fuck that game

Limbo. Meh
Braid. Meh

Modern Warfare. Worth it.
Dragon Age: Origins. Worth it
Flower. WORTH IT

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Oblivion was AWESOME !!!!
IMHO xD