By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You think PlayStation 4’s launch roster is soft? Well…

Tagged games:

Which console had the best lineup?

Playstation...Zero Divide baby! 10 10.87%

Playstation 2...SSX! 18 19.57%

PSP...Wipeout Pure can play on this thing??? 3 3.26%

Playstation 3...Genji -_- 4 4.35%

PS VITA...It has more than 5 games? 23 25.00%

Playstation 4...Dat Killzone O_O 34 36.96%

Total:92

People are spoiled by 7 year old hardware libraries.

I'm good though. I got both Vita and Wii U at launch. Shouldn't have any problem with PS4's lineup.

Around the Network

I don't see this launch lineup as weak. I mean it's got more games than Xbox in 2013 and WiiU certainly was nothing to brag about so I'm not sure why it would be singled out at least.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pokoko said:
I miss Battle Arena Toshinden.

You not alone, was a amazing game

Really to me, the launch line-up of the console is kind of irrelevant, What Microsoft and Sony really need to do after launch is have frequent releases to sustain sales so they don't have a massive drop in sales like 3DS, WiiU and Vita did. I mean PSVita had a really strong launch line-up and then just pretty much fell off completely when it came to AAA releases for the most part.

Xbox One and PS4 don't have particularly impressive exclusive launch line-ups in general for me, Xbox One's is probably the better of the two at launch.

The real question is which will perform better in 2014 since both seem to have pretty good games in 2014 (Titanfall, Project Spark, Infamous: Second Son, The Order, DriveClub, Deep Down.

It could take until Holiday 2014 or into 2015 until PS4/XB1 really start hitting there stride with frequent exclusives etc. Just like the WiiU struggled in 2013, But is starting to pick up towards the Holiday Season and has a strong 2014.

If I had to pick a PlayStation console that had the strongest launch line-up, It would probably actually be PSVita's. PS4's full line-up is quite good, but it is just lacking in the exclusives at launch really, which is the most important part of the launch lineup.

From home consoles either PS4 or PS2 for me. Hard to decide since I don't recognise every game from the PS2 launch line up.
Overall Vita had the best launch line up imo, which is kinda ironic.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Still weak imo, Killzone fans should be happy though.

Sony do have weak launch line-up's, but its because they dont abandon their last console like other companies do.

The only reason killzone shadowfall is awesome (or atleast looks awesome) is because guerilla's last game was KZ3 which launched over 2 and a half years ago which has given them plenty of time to make SF AAA quality. sony's other studio's have not had that much time, or are making games on a larger scale than KZ:SF

Its important to make the current gen finish with a strong games lineup to make people believe the same will happen with that systems successor.

Honestly I thought that the Vita had a pretty great launch lineup. It kind of boggles my mind that the vita didn't do better with the lineup it had out the gate.

I think the PS2 had the best launch line up. I was a fan of FromSoftware prior to the release of the PS2 since I liked the King's Field games and Armored Core Master of the Arena, so I purchased those three games and Dead or Alive 2 at launch. Kessen is a good strategy game and purchased it after finishing Kessen 2. SSX and Timesplitters are also good, but I played those at friends, never owned them.

With PSX, I got it for Christmas along with Air Combat and Battle Arena Toshinden.  I wanted an N64 but my dad got me a Playstation since it was already out.  I'm glad I got a Playstation.  Much better games ^_^.  Since I loved RPGs at the time thanks to Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior on the NES, then Squaresoft for the SNES, I would have been devastated if I had an N64 and seeing all the RPGs on othe PSX.

PSP I didn't get at launch. I've only played the launch titles Wipeout Pure and Untold Brotherhood of the Blade, both good. My first PSP game is actually an import. Gundam Battle Royale. I bought it from Play-Asia then when it was released. While being shipped I bought a PSP, Mega Man Powered Up, and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. So technically it wasn't my first game as I didn't yet have it in possession.

PS3 I bought it at launch but only rented games and played PS2 games on it for the longest time. Being a Gundam fan I eventually bought that garbage Crossfire. I know people don't like Gundam games just because they're Gundam, but this game was bad. I played Untold Legends Dark Kingdom and it's another bad launch game. Though I think the first game I owned for the PS3 was Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Vita. I bought Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, and Little Deviants at launch. Thought Little Deviants had potential, but the only potential it had was the potential to suck.

PS4 I'm not purchasing until the release of Infamous Second Son.  I might later get a launch title, but none of  them really interest me.

Saeko said:
pokoko said:
I miss Battle Arena Toshinden.

You not alone, was a amazing game

I have all 3. Yep. They only made three of them.

I am the Playstation Avenger.