By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Component Cables: Suggestions?

So, I have a HD Rear Projection TV, and I want to get component cables for the Wii.

This is my tv: http://www.sony-hdtv.com/kp57ws510.htm

Any suggestions? Is it a safe bet to just get the Nintendo brand? Or are there others that are better? Would you recommend Mad Catz or Monster?

All suggestions welcome. 

Around the Network

I'd guess Nintendo's are the best, but I never compared it to other ones, so I can't say for sure. Personally, I'm happy with Nintendo's cables.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I got the cheapest ones I could find on Amazon and it has worked fine for me. Nintendo ones are a bit pricey.

I use crappy generic 3rd party cables and they work just as well. Digital is digital. You don't need to spend $45 on Monster cables.

There are third party cables, most of them are cheaper, and they're often gold plated and have extra shielding.

I got the Psyclone component cables. There isn't much you can do with cables, so I figured gold-plating and shielding would make it better than Nintendo's cables, which looked pretty cheapy actually. They look much improved over composite, so I'm satisfied.

They cost me $25 at Circuit City, you can probably find them for about $20 somewhere. Nintendo's were $35.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I got the cheapest ones I could find. They were $15 and they work just fine. No need to get the Nintendo brand.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Today i had to choose between vga and the components. I chose vga but I think components from nintendo should be the best since nintendo made the system but There may not be a difference. I saw component cables as cheap as 10 dollars for the wii.

Keep in mind that component cables transmit an analog signal, so you'll want to go for at least decent ones. Monster cables are horribly overpriced, but I wouldn't go for anything less than first-party ones.

Also, anything from MadCatz is horrible, in my experience.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Do not get Monsters. Huge ripoff. 80% markups.

Source: http://consumerist.com/353938/monster-cables-monster-ripoff-80-markups

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I personally suggest you get your cables from Monoprice.com, as they offer better prices than Amazon. I've had zero quality issues with the cables I have ordered from them, and the discount can be quite significant at times, so it seems worthwhile to mention them.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.