By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii u can use 100% of it's RAM memory for games

Aparently, like I said before, the OS is kinda turned off when a game starts. this allows the system to use all the RAM memory for games. The OS also runs on it's own cpu.

source: http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-operating-system/

Around the Network

hasn't Nintendo themselves say that 1 GB is dedicated to the OS while another GB is didicated to the games?

MohammadBadir said:

how can we press the home button then? :P

the OS runs on a separete cpu.

That actually contradicts what has been said in the past. It was said to use 1gig for games and 1gig for OS.
Not sure how it would work. I mean the OS is really fast to pop up when you push the Home button and it doesn't take long to get the browser or eshop going while playing a game. I know the OS cant be that memory intensive because there isn't a whole lot to it but it must use some of the RAM to be as quick as it is even if it is using a separate processor

so the OS runs perfectly, but uses no RAM what so ever? im calling BS. please provide another source than "WiiU daily".

Around the Network

Sounds like pies to me. Iwata claimed that 1gb was reserved for system and 1gb for games.

"The console also includes a secondary custom chip that handles undisclosed tasks" - wiki quote:

But I do not see what that's to do with RAM.

bananaking21 said:
so the OS runs perfectly, but uses no RAM what so ever? im calling BS. please provide another source than "WiiU daily".

I guess the only way to fine out is ...wait for more updates and see how future exclusives run on the systems.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
bananaking21 said:

I guess the only way to fine out is ...wait for more updates and see how future exclusives run on the systems.

exclusives will of course be better looking than before. but this claim makes no sense, how can an OS run without any RAM?

bananaking21 said:
Suke said:
bananaking21 said:

exclusives will of course be better looking than before. but this claim makes no sense, how can an OS run without any RAM?

Maybe their hidden ram, I don't know. Nintendo never explain the entrails of their hardware.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Wrong. It's 1 GB for games unless Nintendo changed things in the past few days. However this is so ridiculous that it's not even worth it for me to go check with them and see if it did change.