By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Apparently CoD5 is coming to the Wii...

^lolol - the exact opposite of Ninty platformers

Around the Network

going back to WW II when one of the most appealing qualities of COD 4 was that it wasn't a WW II shooter again it's pretty lame for me at least.
sigh ... at least i hope this turns out a good game in the end

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

I actually thoroughly enjoyed CoD3 Wii. The IR pointer controls add a lot to what was already an excellent single-player campaign, and while the game had its rough spots - the graphics and the non-pointer motion controls, mostly, as well as the lack of online - those can be forgiven since the game was basically rushed for the Wii's launch.

I probably would have felt ripped off if I paid more than $20 for it, but, whatever. Suffice to say, any new FPS on the Wii is something to be excited about, and if they can make the game more attractive this time, then all the better.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

totalwar23 said:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36578/Activision-Announce-New-Titles

You probably know that already. However, it is apparently coming out for the PS2, also.

I'm generally a fan for FPS and I would like to try one out for the Wii but this version might just be a straight port from the PS2. So what asking is do you think the strong sales of the Wii will finally convince Activision or Treyarch to actually build a unique and carefully plan Wii version or it'll be a generic inferior version along with the PS2?

I can only speak from a personal standpoint, I hated CoD games, lol, even 4. I know, blasphemy. Anyway, the only reason I care is that most people who actually buy CoD 5 on the Wii wouldn't know any difference. I want consumers to feel they are getting equal equity from their Wii, and when they are around the water cooler, they can talk about CoD 5 with the rest of the guys and gals. That's what its about.

Anyway, it's likely anything ported to the Wii is also gonna be ported to the PS2, just because they have such similar hardware. It only makes sense. Not doing so is like not porting a PS3 game to the 360 or vice versa. No sense in not doing it.

Difference is, in 2 years, the PS2 will be dead. The 360 and PS3 will always be stepping on each others toes.

In the mean time, I'm assuming the CoD 5 controls should be Metroid Prime 3ish. If they are that good, then the game has a potential to play better than its counterparts on more powerful consoles.

I don't see why Activision wouldn't carbon copy that control scheme. If they don't, you can mark that up to suckey development, and not mediocre hardware. Retro studios is a phone call away. Learn 2 Code. The Wii is capable of far superior controls, compared to its counterparts, in the FPS genre. We've seen this with Prime 3. Will they impliment them well? That is yet to be determined.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, totalwar, how come your sig is so PS3 fanboyish, yet hateful towards other consoles, lol?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

It's getting obvious that the Call of Duty games are going to suffer from a curse similar to the old Star Trek one. Basically all odd numbered ones will likely suck and hearing that COD5 is coming out for so many consoles doesn't hold out much promise of that not happening.

It will be fun to play COD on the Wii mote...
It will be a unique expeirience

Legend11 said:
It's getting obvious that the Call of Duty games are going to suffer from a curse similar to the old Star Trek one. Basically all odd numbered ones will likely suck and hearing that COD5 is coming out for so many consoles doesn't hold out much promise of that not happening.

ook - sure ur saying COD2 was good?

BMaker11 said:
I hopr it isn't another poor Wiimote experience ala COD3

By the time it was released CoD3 was the best Wiimote experience, by far.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

FPS belong on the wii hands down