By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Creator Says PS4 And Xbox One Are "Almost Identical"

Source:http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/23/resident-evil-creator-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-almost-identical/

Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil, currently working on the last game he’ll direct – The Evil Within – says “There’s no real difference between them,” when referring to Sony and Microsoft’s next generation machines in this month’s Edge magazine.

“We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.

“So either will do.”

He’s obviously speaking in terms of development, rather than specifications, and it sounds as though they’ll both be more in line with PC architecture, making it easier to port these games due to the similarities with development.

The Evil Within is set to release on both of these next generation consoles, as well as the current generation PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC at some point next year.

Around the Network

No comments? No comment

no shit

They're equal?
Oh shhhh... here they come.

Haven't this been the case for about over a decade, that's why the industry been feeling stell for a while.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Says the guy working on a Bethesda engine...

lol here we go...

34 years playing games.

so is the wii U

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

HD Twins part two?

Same gpu cores, same cpu cores.

Yeah they are pretty samey.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|